- Microsoft Windows Server Training
- Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell v3.0 (M10961)
In this course, you'll gain the fundamental knowledge & skills to use Windows PowerShell 3.0 for administering & automating the administration of your Windows-based servers. You will focus on primary Windows PowerShell command line features & techniques.
- Course Start Date: Jul. 23
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 5 days
08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:Microsoft Windows Server Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Learn to automate your administration with Windows PowerShell.
In this course, you will gain the fundamental knowledge and skills to use Windows PowerShell 3.0 for administering and automating the administration of your Windows-based servers. You will focus on primary Windows PowerShell command line features and techniques. You will gain prerequisite skills that support different Microsoft products, including Windows Server, Windows Client, Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, SQL Server, and System Center. This course will not focus on any particular one of those products, although Windows Server (which is the common platform for all of those) will serve as the example for the techniques being taught.
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Product M10961: Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell v3.0.Global Knowledge Exclusive!
Continue developing your skills after class with 24/7 access to our live remote labs for six months, providing you with valuable extra time for hands-on practice.What You'll Learn
- Basic concepts behind Windows PowerShell
- Work with the Pipeline
- How the Pipeline works
- Use PSProviders and PSDrives
- Format output
- Use Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) and Common Information Model (CIM)
- Prepare for scripting
- Moving from a command to a script to a module
- Administer remote computers
- Put the various Windows PowerShell components together
- Use background jobs and scheduled jobs
- Use advanced PowerShell techniques and profiles
- IT Professionals already experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration or already experienced in administering and supporting application servers and services, including Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, etc.
- Students who want to use Windows PowerShell to automate administrative tasks from the command line, using any Microsoft or independent software vendor (ISV) product that supports Windows PowerShell manageability
- Core Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 (M20341)
1. Windows PowerShell
- Overview and Background
- Finding and Running Commands
- Exporting, Importing, and Converting Data
- Filtering Objects Out of the Pipeline
- Enumerating Objects in the Pipeline
- Passing Data in the Pipeline ByValue
- Passing Data in the Pipeline ByPropertyName
- PSProviders and PSDrives
- Using PSDrives
- Using Basic Formatting
- Using Advanced Formatting
- Redirecting Formatted Output
- Querying Data with WMI/CIM
- Making Changes with WMI/CIM
- Using Variables
- Scripting Security
- Working with Alternate Credentials
- Moving From Command to Script
- Moving From Script to Function to Module
- Implementing Basic Error Handling
- Using Basic Scripting Constructs
- Further Exploration in Scripting
- Using Basic Remoting
- Using Remote Sessions
- Using Remoting for Delegated Administration
- Planning the Script
- Using Background Jobs
- Using Scheduled Jobs
- Using Advanced PowerShell Techniques
- Creating Profile Scripts
Lab 1: Configure Windows PowerShell
- Configure the Console Application
- Configure the ISE Application
Lab 3: Work with the Pipeline
- Retrieve Data, Manipulate Objects, and Customize The Final Display
Lab 5: Filter Objects Out of the Pipeline
- Examine Several Commands and Predict their Output
Lab 7: Work with Pipeline Parameter Binding
- Examine Several Commands and Predict Whether or Not they will Work as Written
- Construct New Commands that Utilize Pipeline Parameter Binding
Lab 9: Format Output
- Use Formatting cmdlets to customize those cmdlets output
- Locate and Query WMI Classes to Retrieve Management Information
- Configure Execution Policy
- Create and Use Alternate Credentials
- Convert a Functioning Command into a Parameterized Script
- Encapsulate a Script into a Function, Turn the Script into a Module, and Add Debugging
- Add Basic Error Handling Capabilities to a Script
- Add a Function to a Script
- Enable Remoting
- Remotely Manage Machines
- Import a Module from a Remote Machines
- Establish and Use Connections with Several Computers
- Create and Register a Custom Session Configuration
- Test the Custom Session Configuration
- Determine Server Cores IP Address
- Add Server Core Computers IP Address to Local TrustedHosts List
- Add the Server Core Computer to a Domain and Configurea DHCP Reservation
- Add Specified Roles and Features to the Server Core Computer
- Start Background Job
- Manage Existing Jobs
- Create, Run, and Retrieve Data Using Scheduled Jobs
- Create a Profile Script that Defines Several Parameter Defaults
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Previous Windows Server and Windows Client management knowledge and hands-on experience Experience installing and configuring Windows Server into existing enterprise environments, or as standalone installations Knowledge and experience of network adapter configuration, basic Active Directory user administration, and basic disk configuration Knowledge and hands-on experience specifically with Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 would be beneficial
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration for this course has been closed.
This course may be available on a different date listed below.
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 31 times.