LessonsEveryone negotiates and everything is negotiable.
Negotiation today is a fundamental skill necessary for success for business managers, sales people and virtually every individual. Your ability to negotiate effectively will likely be a contributing factor to your long term success.
The Negotiation Fundamentals workshop is designed to help you develop negotiating skills by exploring the Negotiation Fundamentals from a theoretical, ethical and practical-application standpoint. The workshop will support your negotiating skill development by helping you first understand the effects of human psychology (the way people think) on our interpersonal communication. The negotiating strategies and practices that typically follow will then be explored in detail.
This program will explore the negotiation from a Win-Win (integrative) perspective. Through practical negotiation exercises, you will learn how to build your position before a negotiation starts, then support your position throughout the negotiation process. The ultimate goal is to support you to reach a mutually Win-Win position.
Who should attend:
This program is a valuable tool for those looking to quickly and effectively improve their Negotiation Skill through a fast-paced, highly-focused skills development program.
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- Â Â Â Negotiation fundamentals
- Â Â Â Effective and Ineffective Negotiators
- Â Â Â Negotiation Myths
- Â Â Â Preparation and Your Position
- Â Â Â BATNA
- Â Â Â Reservation Point
- Â Â Â Target Point
- Â Â Â Zone of Possible Agreement
- Â Â Â Negotiation and Risk
- Â Â Â Preparation and the Situation
- Â Â Â Preparation and the Other Party
- Â Â Â Integrative Win-Win Negotiation
- Â Â Â Trust and Relationship Building
- Â Â Â Source of Power in Negotiation
- Â Â Â Negotiation Ethics
- Â Â Â Negotiation and Persuasion
- Â Â Â Understand and develop the fundamentals of negotiation skills,
- Â Â Â Define your BATNA and determine your reservation point,
- Â Â Â Apply assessment strategies (on your position and that of the competition) in preparation for the negotiation,
- Â Â Â Apply the tools to support win-win negotiation,
- Â Â Â Identify and address the common negotiation obstacles,
- Â Â Â Understand the importance of trust and collaborative relationships throughout negotiation,
- Â Â Â Utilize the sources of power in negotiation,
- Â Â Â Engage in the negotiation practices that are ethical and while recognizing the unethical negotiation practices.
Cancellations made 21 or more days prior to the scheduled workshop date are subject to a $100 per person per day (plus tax) administration fee. For cancellations made between 3 and 20 days prior, participant and event substitutions are allowed (subject to availability).
Gaski Training Centre
7181 Woodbine Ave, Suite 103