LessonsThis one-day foundational business writing workshop focuses on the most common and easily-corrected grammatical, punctuation and usage errors that business writers make. It addresses writing topic sentences and major and minor support material for basic paragraph structure. The workshop is preceded by a Pre-work Assessment and includes participatory and peer-evaluated exercises designed to assist participants in the pursuit of excellence in business writing.
This workshop has a maximum seating limit of 16 participants.
Who should attend:
This program is valuable for those looking to learn how to build their business writing skills.
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- Â Â Â Defining subject-verb relationships in sentence structure,
- Â Â Â Writing sentences using the active voice,
- Â Â Â Avoiding common punctuation errors,
- Â Â Â Using pronouns correctly,
- Â Â Â Writing topic sentences for paragraphs,
- Â Â Â Understanding paragraph structure,
- Â Â Â Joining ideas together using transitions,
- Â Â Â Using tools needed for effective proofreading.
- Â Â Â Identify, correct and avoid those fundamental language errors that detract from your company's professional image,
- Â Â Â Write clear controlling ideas and major and minor supporting sentences,
- Â Â Â Recognize the relationship between major and minor support,
- Â Â Â Understand the use of the transitional elements that hold ideas together in written language.
Cancellations made 21 or more days prior to the scheduled workshop date are subject to a $100 per person per day (plus tax) administration fee. For cancellations made between 3 and 20 days prior, participant and event substitutions are allowed (subject to availability).
Gaski Training Centre
7181 Woodbine Ave, Suite 103