This customized workshop is designed to help busy people use specific tools, communication and planning skills to better manage an important non-renewable resource: their time.
- Course Start Date: Jan. 22
- Location: Vancouver
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 1 Day
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Time Management Skills Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
This customized workshop is designed to help busy people use specific tools, communication and planning skills to better manage an important non-renewable resource: their time. They will learn in an enjoyable, interactive environment to manage heavy workloads, prioritize without losing sight of objectives, and communicate effectively when refusing, making requests, giving instructions or resolving time-consuming conflicts.
After this session, participants will be able to:
- Assess and improve current time use for higher payoff
- Better their home and work life balance
- Organize work and workspace to avoid wasting time
- Plan, set objectives, manage multiple priorities
- Use time management tools to advantage
- Communicate more effectively to avoid time-consuming conflict
- Recognize the time strengths and vulnerabilities of their personality type
- Succeed in overcoming procrastination
- Develop a personal plan for improving their time use
Introduction : Workshop roles and goals ; participant introductions
Part I: Placing value on our time, a non-renewable resource
- Current time use
- High and low payoff habits of time use
- Using a personal time log
- Balancing home and work life
- Monkey management
- Organizing ourselves and our work systems
- Organizational components
- The ABCDC organizing model
- Setting measurable, realistic, timely work objectives
- Establishing success measures
- Criteria for determining and changing our priorities
- Key concepts about scheduling
- Two important planning tools : To Do lists and agendas
- Four styles of communicating
- Assertive expression
- Positive language : avoiding time-wasting argument
- Saying "No" professionally
- Checking perceptions prior to taking action
- Asking time-saving questions
- The best time-saving communication skill: listening
- What type are you and what are your time strengths?
- Using personality management skills to improve time use
- Conflict management and personality type
- Managing stress and personality type
- Ten ways to overcome the procrastination habit
- Developing the completion habit
- Dealing with "time-toxic" beliefs
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of Completion * Using a variety of methods, including questionnaires, group problem-solving and discussion, games. and mini role plays, they will practise their skills to prepare for applying them in the workplace.
- Cancellation Policy
Should you postpone or cancel your course you must give 5 business days notice.
- Map & Reviews
On Track Computer Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
On Track New Location
609 Granville Street
Canada V7Y 1G6
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course currently does not have any dates other than this one scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates.
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 23 times.