At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to take on increasingly complex projects with confidence, bring your projects in on time, on budget, meeting expectations, and more.
- Course Start Date: Jun. 27
- Location: Vancouver
- Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 Days
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Fundamentals of Project Management
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Administrative professionals are often asked to take on a project from beginning to end. These projects can range from conferences and physical relocations to major events and change management. To be successful in these assignments, apply the skills of project management. They are designed to give you the rigour and discipline required to deliver your project on time, on budget and meet expectations.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Take on increasingly complex projects with confidence
- Bring your projects in on time, on budget, meeting expectations
- Plan for the unexpected, manage risks and find opportunities for added value
- Harness the energy of teams to build better projects
- Track your projects to identify variances and adjust appropriately
- Use the language of project management and demonstrate your new capacity
Part I: What is project management?
- What is project management and why is it so common in the workplace?
- Who are the players?
- What is the role of the project manager?
- Being the admin member of the project team
- Getting a full understanding of the project
- Building a project definition
- Sorting out everyone's roles
- Setting up expectations early
- Getting support and commitment
- The five stages of project management
- Using work breakdown structures
- Getting into detail
- Managing risk
- Setting up a realistic budget
- Getting approvals
- The Project Charter
- Applying our plan
- Forecasting and resolving problems
- Monitoring for variances
- Tracking techniques: Logic Frameworks, Gantt Charts, PERT charts, Critical Path
- Providing feedback to our clients and team members (status reports)
- Using "Lessons Learned" for continual improvement and future reference
- Recording and documenting the project
- Ensuring sign-off from team members and clients
- Filing our project
- Closing down the project team
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Should you postpone or cancel your course you must give 5 business days notice.
- Map & Reviews
On Track Computer Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
On Track New Location
609 Granville Street
Canada V7Y 1G6
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 8 times.