This hands-on course examines DB2 for OS/390 UDB performance issues from the application programmer�(TM)s perspective.
- Course Outline
The course is primarily intended for application designers, programmer analysts, and programmers who design or code DB2 for OS/390 UDB-based applications. The discussion of DB2 performance factors is accompanied by practical tips and techniques for designing and implementing efficient DB2 applications. The SQL language is revisited to study efficient coding techniques. Hands-on exercises ensure an effective learning experience.
- Understand the major factors contributing to DB2 performance.
- Learn how tablespace, table, and index design effect performance.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of how application design affects performance.
- Learn about the impact of concurrency on performance.
- Understand how the Optimizer works.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of DB2 Access Paths.
- Become fully conversant in the use of the Explain facility, including the use of Optimizer hints.
- Be able to judge the efficiency of SQL statements and tune ineffective queries.
- Learn to use utilities as part of the performance tuning process.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Familiarity with the SQL language and DB2 application programming, or equivalent knowledge, is assumed. Ideally, students have taken Information Balance's "DB2 Application Programming Workshop" and "DB2 Advanced SQL Workshop".
- Cancellation Policy
Up to the 11th business day prior to class, a registration may be cancelled or rescheduled without charge. Thereafter the full course fee will be invoiced whether it's a cancelled or rescheduled. In which case a reschedule credit, valid for 1 year, will be issued. Substitutions may be made at any time prior to the start of the course.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 229 times.