This course allows the student to gain the skills necessary for day-today administration of an Oracle database.
- Course Outline
This course allows the student to gain the skills necessary for day-today administration of an Oracle database. This course is the starting point for Oracle database administrators and also sets the foundation for advanced administrator training and certification.
Major tasks to be considered within this course are:
- Software installation and the creation of new databases.
- An in-depth exploration of the database architecture, including memory, process and data structures, and the management of those structures.
- Management of database files.
- Specialized facilities intended to maximize performance of enterprise-scale transactional applications, such as the shared SQL and PL/SQL cache, the result cache, the database buffer cache, and other similar components.
- Management of security policies and procedures, including administration of user accounts, roles, privileges and profiles.
- Utilization of advanced self-tuning and self-management capabilities, including the use of Oracle-Managed Files, database Advisors and other components of the Management Framework.
- Performance monitoring, problem troubleshooting, and resolving lock and conflict issues.
- Using the Oracle Enterprise Manager and SQL interfaces for administration tasks.
- Control over database support services, including the Database Control, Oracle Net and others.
- A primer on backup and recovery structures and strategies.
- Operating system-specific considerations for various platforms, especially Linux and MS Windows Server.
The primary target audience for this course is Oracle database administrators. Oracle web server and application server administrators, as well as others who must manage an embedded repository database using Oracle database technology will also find this information useful. This course is also recommended for technical consultants, support engineers, project managers and other technical management and support personnel.
1. Enterprise edition installation
Identify system requirements
The optimal flexible architecture (ofa)
Configure the installation environment
Enterprise edition installation
2. The administrator interface
Enterprise manager tour
Using em sql worksheet
Duties of a database administrator
Exploring the oracle database architecture: general
3. The oracle enterprise architecture
4. Exploring the oracle database architecture: instance memory
What is an oracle database instance?
More about the system global area (sga)
About the pga
5. Exploring the oracle database architecture: instance processes
Instance background processes
Sql execution processes
6. Creating an oracle database
Create a new database
Configure an existing database
Drop a database
Manage dbca templates
Manually create a database
7. Managing the database instance
Configuring a linux environment
Starting & stopping database control
Starting & stopping the database listener
Starting & stopping the database instance
More about the database files
8. Manage database storage structures: tablespaces
9. Manage database storage structures: advanced tablespaces
More about temporary tablespaces
About temporary tablespace groups
More about permanent tablespaces
More about bigfile tablespaces
More about the sysaux tablespace
10. Manage database storage structures
Data files & temp files
Managing data files
Managing temp files
Enable oracle-managed files (omf)
11. Managing undo data
About undo space management
Configure automatic undo management
Guarantee undo retention
Monitor undo space
Use the undo advisor
12. Network environment: oracle shared servers
Shared servers architecture
Configure shared servers
Monitor shared servers
V$DISPATCHER & V$DISPATCHER_CONFIG
13. Security: implementing database security
Database system privileges
Database object privileges
Administrator auditing of database activity
Enhanced default security settings
14. Security: administering user security
Create & manage database accounts
Grant & revoke database privileges
Resource limits via profiles
Password management via profiles
About role-based security
With admin option
Alter user...default role
Enhanced default security settings
15. Moving data: sql loader
Control file options
Using the em interface
16. Moving data: export & import
Manage directory objects
About the data pump architecture
Data pump export
Data pump import
Data pump data dictionary views
Using the em interface
17. Database maintenance & performance management
The management & advisory framework
Manage the automatic workload repository
Automatic database diagnostic monitor
Use metrics & alert thresholds
Automatic maintenance tasks
18. Managing concurrency & locks
About latches & locks
Manage & monitor latches
Manage & monitor locks
DBA_BLOCKERS & DBA_WAITERS
DBA_DML_LOCKS & DBA_DDL_LOCKS
19. Backup & recovery concepts & configuration
About database backup & recovery structures
Managing redo data
Managing archival data
Automatic crash recovery
Creating a basic backup strategy
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Prerequisites Many students taking this course have familiarity with system administration and administration of other non-Oracle databases, and this is helpful though not mandatory. Specific course prerequisites for this course are: Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals Oracle Database 11g: Program with PL/SQL
- Cancellation Policy
Student's Right to Cancel Registration
If Customer cancels or reschedules an original registration for a class at least ten (10) business days prior to the class start date, Web Age Solutions will issue a full refund of fees paid for class. Customer is not otherwise entitled to a refund of fees paid or released from its obligation to pay for any registration cancelled or rescheduled by Customer, including without limitation a registration previously rescheduled by Customer. Payment for the course will not be refunded if cancellation is received less than ten (10) business days before the class start date. If you wish to send another student in your place, please contact Web Age Solutions at the number below.
Web Age Solution's Right to Cancel or Reschedule
Web Age Solutions reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class at any time. If a class is cancelled or rescheduled, Web Age Solutions will attempt to notify students ten (10) business days prior to the scheduled class start date. Web Age Solutions assumes no financial liability for any cancellation fees.
- Map & Reviews
Web Age Solutions
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 274 times.