This two-day course teaches participants to work with FrameMaker and develop an application file with all support documents.
- Course Outline
Extensible Markup Language (XML) and Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) content can be imported to and exported from Adobe FrameMaker. However, to successfully do so a variety of documents must work together. This includes the FrameMaker template, the associated DTD and the Read/Write rules. Once these files are in place the last steps required for full conversion between both XML and Framemaker are completed and a round trip application exists.
This two-day course teaches participants to work with FrameMaker and develop an application file with all support documents. The class focuses on both XML and SGLM applications, the creation of Read/Write rules to change the input and/or output and the management of all required files.
Upon successful completion attendees will be able to:
- Understand concepts related to importing and exporting sgml and xml content and work with the FrameMaker Developer's Guide
- Import and export sgml and xml content to and from FrameMaker as individual or multiple files
- Convert sgml, xml and .fm files by working with or without application files
- Associate sgml and xml applications with related support documents
- Understand concepts presented in Read/Write rules and how to convert content using these rules
- Specify rules for sgml and xml elements, entities and attributes for conversion
- Import and export graphical content including file, entity and attribute settings
- Work with table based content in a FrameMaker model, CALS table models and simplified sgml or xml tables
- Use entities as both internal and external text entities, SDATA entities and data entities
- Set rules for the conversion of cross-references, markers and other imported and exported content
- Correct invalid documents or ignore conversion errors if appropriate
- Define and configure content in sgml and xml application files to automate and simplify conversion of content
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Adobe FrameMaker Structured FrameMaker EDD Development
Certificate of Completion * Participants receive reference materials related to course topics. Follow up support by email or phone, on topics covered, is available to participants for 90 days (4 hour limit).
- Cancellation Policy
For training cancelled within 14 business days prior to the course date: 25% of the total training fee.
For training cancelled within 7 business days prior to the course date: 50% of the total training fee.
For training cancelled less than 5 business days prior to the course date: 100% of the total training fee.
Note: Failure to attend a course without notification of cancellation will result in a 100% charge of the total course fee.
- Map & Reviews
Front Runner Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 372 times.