- Course Outline
You have the basic skills needed to work with Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007 databases, including creating and working with Access tables, relationships, queries, forms, and reports. But so far, you have been focusing only on essential database user skills. In this course, you will consider how to maintain data consistency, how to customize database components, and how to share Access data with other applications.
Course Objective: You will maintain data consistency and integrity; improve queries, forms, and reports; and also integrate Microsoft® Office Access™ 2007 with other applications.
Target Student: Microsoft Office Access 2007: Level 2 is designed for students who would like to learn intermediate-level operations of the Microsoft Office Access program. The Level 2 course is for individuals whose job responsibilities include maintaining data integrity; handling complex queries, forms, and reports; and sharing data between Access and other applications. This course is also a prerequisite to taking more advanced courses in Access 2007. Individuals who want to pursue Microsoft Certified Application Specialist certification in Microsoft Office Access 2007 can also take this course.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• modify the design and field properties of a table to streamline data entry and maintain data integrity.
• retrieve data from tables using joins.
• create flexible queries to display specified records, allow for user-determined query criteria, and modify data using queries.
• enhance the capabilities of a form by grouping form controls and making other aesthetic improvements to make forms work more efficiently and intuitively for the user.
• customize reports to organize the displayed information and produce specific print layouts.
• share data across different applications.
Lesson 1: Controlling Data Entry
Topic 1A: Restrict Data Entry Using Field Properties
Topic 1B: Establish a Pattern for Entering Field Values
Topic 1C: Create a List of Values for a Field
Lesson 2: Joining Tables
Topic 2A: Create Query Joins
Topic 2B: Join Unrelated Tables
Topic 2C: Relate Data Within a Table
Lesson 3: Creating Flexible Queries
Topic 3A: Set Select Query Properties
Topic 3B: Create Parameter Queries
Topic 3C: Create Action Queries
Lesson 4: Improving Forms
Topic 4A: Design a Form Layout
Topic 4B: Enhance the Appearance of a Form
Topic 4C: Restrict Data Entry in Forms
Topic 4D: Add a Command Button to a Form
Topic 4E: Create a Subform
Lesson 5: Customizing Reports
Topic 5A: Organize Report Information
Topic 5B: Format the Report
Topic 5C: Set Report Control Properties
Topic 5D: Control Report Pagination
Topic 5E: Summarize Report Information
Topic 5F: Add a Subreport to an Existing Report
Topic 5G: Create a Mailing Label Report
Lesson 6: Sharing Data Across Applications
Topic 6A: Import Data into Access
Topic 6B: Export Data
Topic 6C: Analyze Access Data in Excel
Topic 6D: Export Data to a Text File
Topic 6E: Merge Access Data with a Word Document
- Prerequisites & Certificates
To ensure the successful completion of Microsoft Office Access 2007: Level 2, the completion of the Microsoft Office Access 2007: Level 1 course, or equivalent knowledge, is recommended.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
# A full 3 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date. Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee for that course date will be charged.There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 3 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 3 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 226 times.