In this course, you will develop the tools and insight necessary to plan for and implement a client's recommended solution.
- Course Outline
Almost all consultant engagements involve change in the client organization. For an engagement to be successful, that change must be planned and managed effectively. In this course, you will develop the tools and insight necessary to plan for and implement a client's recommended solution.
To make the most of your classroom experience, you must complete exercises before and after the classroom sessions.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
What You'll Learn
- Implementation Options
- The Levels of Change
- Impact of Change
- Action Planning
- Follow Up
- The Extended Team
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- IT professionals
- Others in technical roles who are seeking to become practitioner technical consultants or who wish to become more consultative in their work with their internal or external clients
- Consultants who have to perform a change management or project management role or who work with a project manager to transition recommendations into implementation
Pre-Work: Preparation Phase
- Pre-Course Self-Assessment
- Pre-Course Reading and Discussion with Manager / Mentor
- Personal Needs Assessment (PNA)
- Introduction to Key Models
- Selecting the Best Options
- Operational Scenarios and Operational Impact
- Personnel Impacts
- Defining the Change
- Levels of Change Model
- Resistance to Change
- The Impact of Change Model
- Applying the Impact of Change Model
- Overcoming Resistance to Change
- The Value of Role Models
- The Transformation Map
- Assessing Impact and Progress
- 7 Change Enablers
- Changing Ourselves
- Maintaining Momentum
- Next Steps
- Continuing Client Engagement
- Project Management and Working with the Project Team
- Working with other Consultants and Contractors
- Online Challenge Quiz
- Review of Key Models and Tools
- Review with Manager/Mentor
- Key Models and Tools
- Initial application to Specific Job Responsibilities
- On-the-Job Assignment with Manager
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Some experience working as a consultant - Previous courses in the Consulting Skills program - Consulting Fundamentals (CO10) - Analysis and Problem Solving for Consultants (CO20) - Effective Communications for Consultants (CO30) - Developing Client Relationships for Consultants (CO40)
7.5 PMI PDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 3972 times.