This class is geared towards those wanting to write the CompTIA A+ certification exams, 220-701 and 220-702.
- Course Outline
This class is geared towards those wanting to write the CompTIA A+ certification exams, 220-701 and 220-702. Upon completion, one should have a better opportunity in obtaining a job as an IT professional or PC technician, as well be able to troubleshoot local computers.
Day 1 - Discover the Computer:
- Tear down and rebuild a computer unit.
- Lightly identify hardware components.
- Discussion about the Exam and study aides.
- Safety around Computers - ESD, EMI, RFI.
- Customer Relationships are discussed as per exam.
Day 2 - Learn about Computer Hardware:
- Identify the CPU, Motherboard and other components.
- Different type of Hard Drives - PATA, SATA, and SSD.
- Different kinds of RAM - SDRAM, DDR, DDR2, DDR3, and RDR.
- DVD drive specifications - SSSL, Blu-ray.
- Types of Video Cards - PCIe, Crossfire and SLi.
Day 3 - Computer Peripherals & Software:
- Printers from bubble jet to laser.
- Monitors from CRT to LCD.
- Laptops, Notebooks, and Netbooks components.
- Troubleshooting Laptops and batteries.
- Learn about DOS, NTFS and Recovery Mode.
- Learn Windows XP, Vista, and 7 and File Management.
Day 4 - Computer Software continued:
- Learn about setting up User Accounts.
- Learn about Microsoft Management Console.
- Learn about Managing Windows.
- Apple, Linux, and Unix are discussed.
- Understanding Worms, Trojans and Social Engineering
Day 5 - Understanding Networking:
- Typologies of networks.
- Identify the types of Network Cables.
- Learn about a Router, Switch, or Hub.
- Wireless setups like WiFi, and PAN's.
- Learn to understand the concept of Domains, VLANs, VPN
- Binary and Hexadecimal math made easy.
- Subnets and CIDR.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Participants should have basic working knowledge of a computer and Windows.
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Students are required to give notice if they are unable to attend their class:
2 weeks (10 full business days) or longer prior to training date = full refund
1 to 2 weeks (5 - 9 full business days) prior to training date = 50% of course fee refund
Less than 1 week (4 full business days or fewer) prior to training date = 0% refund
NOTE: You may substitute classes or students at any time.
- Map & Reviews
New Era Technology Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 318 times.