LessonsMaking the transition from an individual contributor to a people leader is both a challenge and an opportunity. As a people leader, you must transition from doing the work yourself to getting the work done with and through others. It requires a shift of mindset to take on new accountabilities that support your direct reports and the organization as a whole.
In this course, you will explore these new accountabilities and learn new skills and processes that help you balance priorities, overcome roadblocks, earn respect, and establish credibility.
What You'll Learn
- Accountabilities of your people leadership role
- Opportunities for development in your leadership role
- Plan your time allocation to reflect your accountabilities
- Utilize a system to set priorities for yourself and your direct reports
- Develop your credibility as a people leader in your organization
Leaders at all levels: new managers, supervisors, team leaders, project managers, or seasoned managersÂ wishing to enhance their current skill set
Benefits for the Individual
- Enhanced knowledge of critical leadership accountabilities
- Increased awareness of opportunities for personal development of leadership capabilities
- Improved ability to prioritize your activities as a people leader and manage your workload
- Greater clarity on the impact of earning respect and establishing credibility as a leader
- Increased confidence to manage people
- Improved leadership capability
- Greater clarity and common understanding of key leadership accountabilities
- Enhanced engagement of leaders in their roles
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
Global Knowledge Toronto Bloor EAST
2 Bloor Street EAST 31st Floor