This 2-day class guides you through administering Final Cut Server, Apple's powerful new media asset management & workflow automation software.The course combines of lectures and hands-on case study exercises to provide practical real-world experience.
- Course Outline
This two-day class guides you through administering Final Cut Server, Apple's powerful new media asset management and workflow automation software. Final Cut Server takes the headache out of managing large collections of media files, then extends to tracking job status, managing reviews and approvals, and automating complex sequences of tasks all in a single product designed to work seamlessly with Final Cut Studio. The course combines of lectures and hands-on case study exercises to provide practical real-world experience.Day 1
- Overview of topics covered in the course, and a summary of the certification program
- Using Final Cut Server
- Overview of Final Cut Server, Client/Server/Device Paradigms and Diagrams, Understanding Assets, Proxies, Metadata, Productions and Jobs, Downloading the Client Application, Installing Final Cut Server, and Logging into Final Cut Server
- Working with Assets
- Performing Basic and Advanced Searches for Assets, Viewing Asset Details, Adding Metadata, Annotating Assets,Uploading Assets into Final Cut Server, Previewing and Adding Assets to your Cache, Preparing Assets for Disconnected Use, Exporting Assets out of Final Cut Server, Archiving, Restoring, and Deleting Assets, Duplicating Assets to Different Devices, Checking Out, Checking In, Locking, and Unlocking Assets
- Working with Final Cut Studio Projects
- Adding Final Cut Studio Projects to Final Cut Server, Working with FCP Project Assets, Working with Elements, Check Out and Check In with FCP Project Assets, Exporting FCP Project Assets, Using Media Prepared for Disconnected Use and Archiving Assets Associated with Final Cut Pro Projects
- Working with Productions
- Searching for Productions, Associating Assets with Productions during Upload, Creating Productions, the Production Contextual Menu, Viewing Production Details, Adding Assets to Productions, and Deleting Productions
- Working with Devices
- Searching a Device for Files, Viewing Device Content, the File Contextual Menu, Viewing File Details, Cataloging a Device File, Viewing the File, Using Export and Duplicate, and Deleting Files
- Working with Jobs
- Viewing the Downloads and Uploads Window, Viewing the Jobs Window, Searching Jobs, the Jobs Contextual Menu, and Viewing Job Details with Callouts
- Basic Final Cut Server Administration
- Administration Overview, Administration Tools within the System Preferences, Defining Groups and Permission Sets, Defining Devices, Defining Watchers, Defining Metadata Subscriptions and Backing Up the Final Cut Server Database
- Advanced Final Cut Server Administration
- Administration Tools within the Client Application, Defining Transcoding Settings, Defining Devices (Advanced) Defining Watchers, Defining Scheduled Events, Defining Metadata Subscriptions (Advanced), Defining Responses and Response Details, Adding/Editing MetaData, Adding/Editing Permission Sets, and Admin Preferences
- Workflow Scenarios
- Understanding Common Workflows, Paradigms, Diagrams and Instructions
- Best Practices for Installation
- Optimizing Final Cut Server, Optimizing your LAN, Planning File Locations, Optimizing Transcoding Operations, and Installing Final Cut Server
- Certification Exam
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Understanding of Mac OS X in a network environment Basic troubleshooting experience or Mac OS X Support Essentials v10.5 Thorough knowledge of Final Cut Pro and Final Cut Studio ACSA status or Xsan knowledge helpful
Participants will receive a Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations within 120 of course - 40% cancellation fee
Cancellations within 60 days of course - 75% cancellation fee
Cancellations within 30 days of course - 100% cancellation fee
Rebooking to a later class - $250
In cases of extreme conditions some exceptions may be made at the discretion of Witz Apple management , please contact us to discuss.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 263 times.