- Microsoft Windows Server Training
- 2275C Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
This course provides knowledge and skills that are needed to effectively maintain server resources, monitor server performance, and safeguard data on a computer running one of the operating systems in the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 family.
- Course Outline
This three-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills that are needed to effectively maintain server resources, monitor server performance, and safeguard data on a computer running one of the operating systems in the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 family.
Audience Profile This course is intended for individuals who are employed as or seeking employment as a systems administrator or systems engineer.
At Course Completion After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare to administer server resources.
- Configure a server to monitor system performance.
- Monitor system performance.
- Manage device drivers by configuring device driver signing and restoring a device driver.
- Manage hard disks.
- Manage data storage.
- Manage disaster recovery.
- Maintain software by using Microsoft Software Update Services.
- Maintain Windows Server 2003 security.
- Introduction to Administering a Server
- Configuring Remote Desktop to Administer a Server
- Managing Remote Desktop Connections
- Enabling Remote Desktop
- Creating a Shared Folder on a Remote Computer
- Connecting to a Remote Console Session
- Creating runas Shortcuts to Administration Tools
- Explain the tasks, tools, and rights that are required to administer a server.
- Configure Remote Desktop for Administration and client preferences.
- Manage remote desktop connections.
- Introduction to Monitoring Server Performance
- Performing Real-Time and Logged Monitoring
- Configuring and Managing Counter Logs
- Configuring Alerts
- Selecting the Appropriate Monitoring Technique
- Establish a performance baseline.
- Perform real-time and logged monitoring.
- Configure and manage counter logs.
- Configure alerts.
- Multimedia: The Primary Server Subsystems
- Monitoring Server Memory
- Monitoring Processor Usage
- Monitoring Disks
- Monitoring Network Usage
- Monitoring Best Practices
- Create and Configure Alerts
- Configure the Messaging Service
- Finding a High CPU Usage Process
- Finding a High Memory Usage Process
- Explain how the four primary server subsystems affect server performance.
- Monitor server memory.
- Monitor processor usage.
- Monitor disks.
- Monitor network usage.
- Use best practices for monitoring server performance.
- Configuring Device Driver Signing Options
- Using Device Driver Rollback
- Configure device driver signing.
- Restore the previous version of a device driver.
- Preparing Disks
- Managing Disk Properties
- Managing Mounted Drives
- Converting Disks
- Creating Volumes
- Creating Fault-Tolerant Volumes
- Importing a Foreign Disk
- Recovering from a Failed Mirrored Drive
- Initialize and partition a disk.
- View and update disk properties.
- Manage mounted drives.
- Convert a disk from basic to dynamic and from dynamic to basic.
- Create volumes on a disk.
- Create fault-tolerant volumes.
- Import disks.
- Managing File Compression
- Configuring File Encryption
- Configuring EFS Recovery Agents
- Implementing Disk Quotas
- Troubleshooting Disk-Quota Entries
- Recovering an Encrypted File
- Manage NTFS file compression.
- Configure file encryption.
- Configure an EFS recovery agent.
- Implement disk quotas.
- Preparing for Disaster Recovery
- Backing Up Data
- Scheduling Backup Jobs
- Restoring Data
- Configuring Shadow Copies
- Recovering from Server Failure
- Backing Up the System State Data
- Recovering from a Corrupt Registry by Using Last Known Good
- Recovering from a Corrupt Registry by Restoring System State Data
- Prepare for disaster recovery.
- Back up data.
- Schedule backup jobs.
- Restore data.
- Configure a shadow copy.
- Recover from server failure.
- Introduction to Windows Server Update Services
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server Update Services
- Managing Windows Server Update Services
- Create a Test Computer Group
- View the Status of Updates and Computers
- Back up WSUS
- Describe Microsoft WSUS.
- Install and configure servers to use WSUS.
- Manage WSUS.
The module provides an overview of securing servers, core server security, hardening servers, and the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer tool.
- Introduction to Securing Servers
- Implementing Core Server Security
- Hardening Servers
- Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
- Using the Security Configuration Wizard
- Configuring a Group Policy Object for Member Servers
- Scanning a Range of Computers by Using MBSA
- Describe how servers are secured.
- Explain core server security.
- Harden servers in various roles.
- Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer.
With (R)Evolution, TekSource is transforming the way IT professionals receive training. Our courses are led by Certified Instructors and supported by online course mentors. Course content is delivered through expert video modules and interactive features, in tandem with virtual lab exercises and progress quizzes. When you take training with TekSource, you get a comprehensive training solution that incorporates the following value add components into one “revolutionary” offering:
We start the learning process well before you arrive at our door with lots of communication and information. Our instructors, coordinators and facilitators will ensure that when course participants arrive, they will have all the tools they need to be successful and students will have already started to learn
In our Facility with Certified instructors
With (R)Evolution, each course is supported by a certified instructor who facilitates, coaches and mentors the students through the learning process - their only job is to ensure our students’ success. Students attend class in one day increments (which can be non-consecutive days for multi-day courses).
* Since the course content is provided by the expert video modules, the in-class instructor can devote 100% of their time to individual instruction and guidance.
* Our exclusive consultative learning approach ensures that the needs of each student are assessed and support during and subsequent to the course is tailored to them.
Expert Video Modules
(R)Evolution guarantees consistent, high quality instruction, and uniform delivery of the course material mapped to official vendor course curriculum with no missed topics.
* Content is delivered by World Class Experts and Certified Trainers and it has been edited and produced so that students are presented the best possible delivery of the course material.
* Self Scheduled progress matches the learning speed of each student – it allows for instant review, and results in improved retention.
Throughout the Learning experience, instruction is reinforced with practical exercises, lab exercises completed in live lab environments and progress checks that give immediate feedback to the student regarding their progress.
* Keeps students engaged, on track and in line with their objectives
* Provides instant feedback, real time results and acts as a measure for the instructor to provide further mentorship
Online Mentoring and Support
The online mentoring support that is included with (R)Evolution starts when the student enters the classroom and continues for 6 months. As both a 3rd training resource in the classroom and as a valuable support service that is available 24/7, students have yet another mechanism to support their learning.
* Reinforces learning and acts as a support during the classroom session
* Assistance applying course concepts
* Access to our facility and ability to re-take some or all of the training is absolute assurance that required learning is received.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Before attending this course, students must have completed: Course 2274: Managing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment, or have equivalent knowledge and skills.
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations or postponements received more than ten business days prior to the first day of the course, will be subject to a 15% administration fee, and course ware fees where applicable. The cost of the course is payable, in full, for any cancellations or postponements received within ten business days, or less, prior to the first day of the course.
- Map & Reviews
TekSource Corporate Learning
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 266 times.