The purpose of this course is to address the implementation and desktop support needs of customers that are planning to deploy and support Microsoft Windows XP Professional in a variety of stand-alone and network operating system environments.
- Course Outline
The purpose of this course is to address the implementation and desktop support needs of customers that are planning to deploy and support Microsoft Windows XP Professional in a variety of stand-alone and network operating system environments. It provides in-depth, hands-on training for Information Technology (IT) professionals responsible for the planning, implementation, management, and support of Windows XP Professional.
This course is based on the final, retail release of Windows XP Professional.
Audience Profile The target audience consists of IT support professionals who:
- Are new to the Windows XP Professional product.
- Provide Helpdesk support for Windows XP Professional desktops.
- Provide support for the Microsoft Windows NT version 4.0 or Windows 2000 Server family of products, or support for a Microsoft Windows XP solution environment.
- Planning an Installation of Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Installing Windows XP Professional
- Upgrading to Microsoft Windows XP
- Transferring User Settings and Files by Using the USMT
- Performing Post-Installation Tasks
- Planning a Microsoft Windows XP Professional Installation.
- Installing Windows XP Professional.
- Transferring User Settings by Using the USMT.
- Introduction to Automating an Installation of Windows XP Professional
- Creating Answer Files
- Creating a Uniqueness Database File
- Performing an Automated Installation of Windows XP Professional
- Introduction to Creating and Deploying an Image
- Preparing a Reference Computer
- Creating, Testing, and Deploying an Image
- Remote Installation Services
- Managing Security Settings by Using Security Center
- Creating an answer file by using the Setup Manager Wizard.
- Running Sysprep.
- Performing a Windows Welcome Installation.
- Installing and Configuring Hardware Devices
- Working with Drivers
- Troubleshooting Hardware Devices
- Adding and removing devices by using the Hardware Wizard.
- Using Driver Rollback to restore a device driver.
Module 4: Managing Disks The following topics are covered in this module:
- Working with Disk Management
- Working with Basic Disks
- Working with Dynamic Disks
- Preparing Disks When Upgrading to Windows XP Professional
- Managing Disks
- Defragmenting Volumes
Module 5: Configuring and Managing File Systems The following topics are covered in this module:
- Working with File Systems
- Managing Data Compression
- Securing Data by Using EFS
- Configuring disk compression.
- Securing files by using EFS.
- Examining the Windows XP Professional Boot Process
- Controlling System Settings During the Boot Process
- Changing Startup Behavior Using the Boot.ini File
- Using Advanced Boot Options to Troubleshoot Startup Problems
- Using the Recovery Console to Start the Computer
- Restoring a Computer to a Previous State
Module 7: Configuring TCP/IP Addressing and Name Resolution The following topics are covered in this module:
- Configuring IP Addresses
- Configuring Windows Firewall
- Troubleshooting IP Addresses
- Determining TCP/IP Name Resolution Methods
- Configuring a DNS and WINS Client
- Configuring IP addresses for Windows XP Professional.
- Configuring Windows Firewall for Windows XP Professional.
- Troubleshooting IP Addresses for Windows XP Professional.
- Configuring the DNS Client for Windows XP Professional.
- Configuring User Desktop Settings
- Customizing the Desktop Environment
- Configuring System Settings
- Understanding How User Profiles and Group Policy Affect Desktop Customization
- Using Remote Assistance
- Customizing the desktop.
- Using Remote Assistance.
- Configuring Security for Internet Explorer
- Configuring Privacy for Internet Explorer
- Configuring Connection Settings for Internet Explorer
Module 10: Configuring Microsoft Windows XP Professional to Operate in Microsoft Networks The following topics are covered in this module:
- Examining Workgroups and User Accounts
- Creating and Authenticating Local User Accounts
- Configuring Local Security
- Configuring Logon Options in a Workgroup
- Configuring Networking Options in a Workgroup
- Operating in a Domain
- Operating in a workgroup.
- Operating in a domain.
- Establishing Remote Access Connections
- Connecting to Virtual Private Networks
- Configuring Authentication Protocols and Encryption
- Using Remote Desktop
- Storing User Names and Passwords to Facilitate Remote Connections
- Configuring a VPN connection.
- Configuring and using Remote Desktop.
- Storing user names and passwords.
- Configuring Power Management Options for Mobile Computing
- Making Files, Folders, and Web Pages Available for Offline Use
- At the end of this module, you will be able to configure Windows XP Professional for mobile computing. This includes configuring offline files.
- Using Task Manager to Monitor System Performance
- Using Performance and Maintenance Tools to Improve Performance
- Monitoring Event Logs
- Configuring Application Compatibility
- Using Task Manager and Event Viewer.
- Setting Application Compatibility.
With (R)Evolution, TekSource is transforming the way IT professionals receive training. Our courses are led by Certified Instructors and supported by online course mentors. Course content is delivered through expert video modules and interactive features, in tandem with virtual lab exercises and progress quizzes. When you take training with TekSource, you get a comprehensive training solution that incorporates the following value add components into one “revolutionary” offering:
We start the learning process well before you arrive at our door with lots of communication and information. Our instructors, coordinators and facilitators will ensure that when course participants arrive, they will have all the tools they need to be successful and students will have already started to learn
In our Facility with Certified instructors
With (R)Evolution, each course is supported by a certified instructor who facilitates, coaches and mentors the students through the learning process - their only job is to ensure our students’ success. Students attend class in one day increments (which can be non-consecutive days for multi-day courses).
* Since the course content is provided by the expert video modules, the in-class instructor can devote 100% of their time to individual instruction and guidance.
* Our exclusive consultative learning approach ensures that the needs of each student are assessed and support during and subsequent to the course is tailored to them.
Expert Video Modules
(R)Evolution guarantees consistent, high quality instruction, and uniform delivery of the course material mapped to official vendor course curriculum with no missed topics.
* Content is delivered by World Class Experts and Certified Trainers and it has been edited and produced so that students are presented the best possible delivery of the course material.
* Self Scheduled progress matches the learning speed of each student – it allows for instant review, and results in improved retention.
Throughout the Learning experience, instruction is reinforced with practical exercises, lab exercises completed in live lab environments and progress checks that give immediate feedback to the student regarding their progress.
* Keeps students engaged, on track and in line with their objectives
* Provides instant feedback, real time results and acts as a measure for the instructor to provide further mentorship
Online Mentoring and Support
The online mentoring support that is included with (R)Evolution starts when the student enters the classroom and continues for 6 months. As both a 3rd training resource in the classroom and as a valuable support service that is available 24/7, students have yet another mechanism to support their learning.
* Reinforces learning and acts as a support during the classroom session
* Assistance applying course concepts
* Access to our facility and ability to re-take some or all of the training is absolute assurance that required learning is received.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Before attending this course, students must have: A+ certification, or equivalent knowledge. Network+ certification, or equivalent knowledge
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellations or postponements received more than ten business days prior to the first day of the course, will be subject to a 15% administration fee, and course ware fees where applicable. The cost of the course is payable, in full, for any cancellations or postponements received within ten business days, or less, prior to the first day of the course.
- Map & Reviews
TekSource Corporate Learning
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 622 times.