This workshop focuses on values based conflicts in the workplace so that issues can be resolved quickly and employees can shift their focus back to their job responsibilities.
- Course Outline
YES I CAN: ASSERTIVE COMMUNICATION
This workshop focuses on values based conflicts in the workplace.
Participants who complete this workshop will:
· Keep their attitude when others begin to wear them down.
· Make commitments and follow through.
· Reduce and eliminate indecisiveness by practicing regular goal setting.
· Build a stronger platform for public speaking and making presentations.
· Look ahead and focus on growth and opportunities.
· "Today, Tomorrow, Trends". Self-awareness, courage and the need to be heard.
· "What if…" This exercise asks participants to verbally summarize their position on various situations.
· "Personal Attitude, Your Most Valuable Possession."
· "The 4F’s." What to do when others are trying to wear you down.
· "Decision Making: Goal Setting, Goal Getting." Being clear about what you want and defining how to get it.
· "S.M.A.R.T. Goals."
· "The Power of Projection." A look at presenting yourself so others will listen.
· Case Study and Role Play – "How would you handle…"
Optional for those who need to be assertive in presentations:
· "Script Formatting." A look at using statistics, analogies, and testimonials to build confidence in your presentations.
· "Visual Aids." Public speaking, posturing, and the use of demonstrations to give your presentations style and interest
· "Traits of Effective and Ineffective Presentations."
· "Its Show Time!" Create your own presentation. Critique your work, along with your facilitator, using objective commentary and observation.
· "The Past is not the Future." Keeping the past in its place, while looking forward.
· "Opportunities: A Lifelong Journey." A discussion on personal growth and challenges, and the need for maintaining your attitude everyday.
· "Personal Action Plan."
- Large group discussion and activities
- Individual work, reflection and exercises
- Small group discussion, exercises and activities
- Case studies / Critical incidents
- Simulations / Role Plays / Practice
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Team Leaders, Managers and Supervisors
- Completed pre-assignment
- 1 Day
- 6 – 20
- Prerequisites & Certificates
MANUALS / CERTIFICATES
All program fees include a manual on CD complete with self study lessons. Course manuals can be purchased for an additional fee and are dependent on subject and level. The manual fee is a passed through cost to our clients.
Upon completion of the each program each participant will receive a certificate of completion.
Parking is available for our students at the rear of the building.Please, donít park in the reserved parking spaces around the building, your car will be tagged and/or towed away.
BREAKS AND LUNCH
Our courses run between 9:00AM Ė 4:00PM. There are two 15 minutes coffee breaks: one at 10:30AM and the other are at 2:30PM. The lunch break is between 12:00AM and 1:00PM.
Coffee and suitable drinks are provided by us during the course. There are numerous restaurants and take-out places in the area, or you may prefer to bring your own lunch and enjoy it on site. Microwave and fridge available.
- Cancellation Policy
Commitment of resources and industry standards require that we be notified of any cancellation. As such, you may reschedule any training course up to five (5) working days before the actual training date. Simply call us, and we send you a new registration confirmation without extra charge. If training is rescheduled less than five (5) working days before the training date, a rescheduling fee of 50% of the course fee will be invoiced.
The latest time we accept rescheduling is until noon on the working day before
the training date. "No-shows" without prior notification are charged as if you had attended the course. There are no refunds. We reserve the right to cancel any course and reschedule if attendance is not sufficient to run the course. In this case you will be notified, usually five (5) working days or more prior to the
training day and the training is rescheduled.
- Map & Reviews
Careers in Transition
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 530 times.