- Microsoft SQL Training
- 6236: Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services (available in French and English)
6236: Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services (available in French and English)
This course teaches students to implement Reporting Services solutions in an organization. The course discusses how to use the Reporting Services tools to create reports and how to use the Reporting Services tools to manage a Reporting Services solution.
- Course Outline
About this Course
Elements of this syllabus are subject to change.
This three-day instructor-led course teaches students how to implement a Reporting Services solution in an organization. The course discusses how to use the Reporting Services development tools to create reports, and how to use the Reporting Services management and administrative tools to manage a Reporting Services solution.
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals and developers who need to implement reporting solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe SQL Server Reporting Services and its components.
- Create a Reporting Services report.
- Enhance a Reporting Services report.
- Create and manipulate data sets.
- Use report models to implement reporting for business users.
- Configure report publishing and execution settings.
- Implement subscriptions for reports.
- Administer Reporting Services.
- Implement custom Reporting Services applications.
Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Lessons
- Overview of SQL Server Reporting Services
- Installing Reporting Services
- Reporting Services Tools
- (Level 200) Exploring Report Designer
- (Level 200) Exploring Report Manager
- Describe the features of SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Install Reporting Services.
- Describe the Reporting Services tools.
- Creating a Basic Table Report
- Formatting Report Pages
- Calculating Values
- (Level 200): Creating a Basic Table Report
- (Level 200): Formatting Report Pages
- (Level 200): Adding Calculated Values
- Create a basic table report.
- Format report pages.
- Calculate values for a report.
- Interactive Navigation
- Displaying Data
- (Level 200) Using Dynamic Visibility
- (Level 200) Using Document Maps
- (Level 200) Initiating Actions
- (Level 200) Using a List Data Region
- (Level 200) Creating a Tablix Report
- (Level 200) Adding Chart Subreport to Parent Report
- Create reports with interactive navigation.
- Display data in various formats.
- Defining Report Data
- Using Parameters and Filters
- Using Parameter Lists
- (Level 200) Using Parameters to Restrict Query Results
- (Level 200) Using Parameters to Filter Report Data
- (Level 200) Creating Dynamic Parameter Lists
- (Level 200) Using Parameters with a Stored Procedure
- (Level 200) Displaying All Categories in a Parameter List
- Define report data.
- Use parameters and filters.
- Use parameter lists.
- Creating Report Models
- Using Report Builder
- (Level 200) Creating a Report Model
- (Level 200) Using Report Builder to Create a Report
- Create Report Models.
- Use Report Builder.
- Publishing Reports
- Executing Reports
- Creating Cached Instances
- Creating Snapshots and Report History
- (Level 200) Publishing Reports
- (Level 200) Executing Reports
- (Level 200) Configuring and Viewing a Cached Report
- (Level 200) Configuring and Viewing a Snapshot Report
- Publish reports.
- Execute reports.
- Create cached instances.
- Create snapshots and report history.
- Introduction to Report Subscriptions
- Creating Report Subscriptions
- Managing Report Subscriptions
- (Level 200) Creating a Standard Subscription
- (Level 200) Creating a Data-Driven Subscription
- Describe report subscriptions.
- Create report subscriptions.
- Manage report subscriptions.
- Reporting Server Administration
- Performance and Reliability Monitoring
- Administering Report Server Databases
- Security Administration
- Upgrading to Reporting Services 2008
- (Level 200) Using Reporting Services Configuration Manager
- (Level 200) Securing a Reporting Services Site
- (Level 200) Securing Items
- Administer the reporting server.
- Monitor performance and reliability.
- Administer the Report Server databases.
- Administer security.
- Upgrade to Reporting Services 2008.
- Querying for Server Information Using a Web Service
- Automating Report Management
- Rendering Reports
- Creating Custom Code
- (Level 200) Using URL Access to Display a Report
- (Level 200) Building a Reporting Services Web Service Client
- (Level 200) Using the Report Viewer Control
- Query server information using a Web service.
- Automate report management.
- Render reports.
- Create custom code.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Before attending this course, students must have: �Exposure to creating reports in Microsoft Access or other third-party reporting products, such as Crystal Reports. �Conceptual understanding of the push and pull distribution/subscription paradigm. �Experience navigating the Microsoft Windows Server environment. �Experience with Windows services (starting and stopping) �Experience creating service accounts and permissions �Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including: �SQL Server Agent. �SQL Server query language (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE). �SQL Server System tables. �SQL Server accounts (users and permissions).
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
All registration cancellations made within five (5) working days of the date of the course are billable at 100%. Synesis reserves the right to cancel any public courses due to lack of sufficient participants.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 285 times.