During the 3-day course you will learn ITIL® terminology,the structure, basic concepts & core principles of ITIL® practices for Service Management.
- Course Outline
ITIL V3 was designed from the lifecycle perspective, recognizing that for a service to be created, it should have the capability to meet the objectives and requirements of its customers and markets. Consequently, there is the need to determine the objectives and requirements for each service (service strategy), which will guide in its design (service design), transition into production (service transition), and operation of the service (service operation). The purpose of the fifth and the final phase - continual service improvement, is to gradually improve every aspect of the service, from service strategy to service operation.
During the 3-day course you will learn ITIL® terminology,the structure, basic concepts and core principles of ITIL® practices for Service Management. The Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is not intended to enable you to apply ITIL® practices for Service Management without further guidance.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES Participants will gain practical skills in the following areas:
* Service Management as a practice (Comprehension)
* Service Lifecycle (Comprehension)
* Key Principles and Models (Comprehension)
* Generic Concepts (Awareness)
* Selected Processes (Awareness)
* Selected Roles (Awareness)
* Selected Functions (Awareness)
* Technology and Architecture (Awareness)
* ITIL® Qualification scheme (Awareness)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND The IT Service Management ITIL V3 course is appropriate for individuals who:
* Require a basic understanding of the ITIL® framework and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
* Are IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL®, who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement program.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN Course Introduction and Introduction
Service Management as a Practice
The Service Lifecycle
The Lifecycle Phase: Service Strategy
* Functions and Processes in Service Strategy
* Financial Management
* Service Portfolio Management (SPM)
* Demand Management
The Lifecycle Phase: Service Design
* Functions and Processes in Service Design
* Service Catalogue Management
* Service Level Management
* Capacity and Availability Management
* IT Service Continuity Management
* Information Security Management
* Supplier Management
The Lifecycle Phase: Service Transition
* Functions and Processes in Service Transition
* Transition Planning and Support
* Change Management
* Service Asset and Configuration Management
* Release and Deployment Management
* Service Validation and Testing, Evaluation
* Knowledge Management
The Lifecycle Phase: Service Operation
* Functions and Processes in Service Operation
* Event and Incident Management
* Request Fulfillment
* Problem and Access Management
* Monitoring and Control
* IT Operations
* Service Desk
* Technology and Architecture
The Lifecycle Phase: Continuous Service Improvement
* Functions and Processes in Service Operation
* The 7 step improvement process
Review, Wrap Up and Mock Exam
ITIL® Foundation Certificate Examination
- Prerequisites & Certificates
There is no prerequisite for this course. It functions as a stand- alone course.
You will receive a course binder containing course notes, exercises, and suggested solutions. At the end of the course, participants’ will write the final ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management examination,comprising of 40 multiple choice questions. Delegates are required to score 26 points (equivalent to 65%) to be awarded the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.
- Cancellation Policy
A 20% cancellation fee applies for cancellations received up to fourteen (14) business days before the course. Any cancellation up to five (5) business days before the course is subject to the entire course fee, which you may apply toward a future course for a one year period (subject to availability). The course fee is non-transferrable and non refundable five (5) business days prior to the scheduled delivery date.
Please note that if you do not cancel and do not attend, you will still be responsible for payment. Substitutions may be made at any time. If Procept finds it necessary to cancel a course due to low enrolment, a full refund will be made. Procept will not be responsible for participant's expenses.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1014 times.