In this course, you will expand on the knowledge you gained in the Visio 2003 Professional: Level 1 course. You will work with many advanced features, including using the drawing tools, creating and working with custom stencils and templates, and more...
- Course Outline
In this course, you will expand on the knowledge you gained in the Visio 2003 Professional: Level 1 course. You will work with many advanced features, including using the drawing tools, creating and working with custom stencils and templates, and sharing your Visio drawings with other applications.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success, we recommend you first take the following Element K course or have equivalent knowledge:
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
- Open and manipulate toolbars and stencil windows in the work area.
- Change background settings to enhance specific drawings.
- Use the drawing tools and Operation command features to create new custom shapes.
- Integrate both simple and complex custom shapes in a drawing.
- Create new masters in a stencil and edit masters.
- Use the Document stencil to quickly take inventory of all the shapes used in a drawing.
- Create a new custom template and use it to quickly create a drawing.
- Create and use styles to quickly format multiple shapes in a drawing.
- Use layers to organize and control shapes in a drawing.
- Link a Visio drawing within a Microsoft Word document and update any changes.
- Link shapes in a drawing to information contained in an external database.
- Convert a drawing to a Web page.
- Use several techniques for preparing a drawing for printing.
Lesson 1: Customizing Visio
Topic 1A: Working with Toolbars
Topic 1B: Working with Windows
Lesson 2: Using the Drawing Tools
Topic 2A: Drawing Basics
Topic 2B: Advanced Drawing Techniques
Lesson 3: Custom Shapes
Topic 3A: Using Custom Shapes
Topic 3B: Using Custom Shapes in a Drawing
Lesson 4: Advanced Stencil Techniques
Topic 4A: Custom Stencils
Topic 4B: Customizing Stencil Masters
Topic 4C: The Document Stencil
Lesson 5: Templates, Styles, and Layers
Topic 5A: Working with Templates
Topic 5B: Formatting and Linking Shapes
Topic 5C: Layers
Lesson 6: Sharing Your Work
Topic 6A: Object Linking and Embedding
Topic 6B: Working with External Data
Topic 6C: Creating HTML Documents
Topic 6D: Printing Techniques
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Visio 2003 Professional: Level 1 or equivalent experience
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellation Policy & Satisfaction Guarantee
You may cancel or reschedule your registration without penalty up to 5 business days before your class date.
ASAP Training Ltd. is located at 950 - 167 Lombard Avenue, in Exchange District. A training manual is provided. We encourage all students to bring in a USB stick for student files as we no longer hand out course files on a CD.
ASAP Training Ltd. is located in the picturesque downtown Exchange District at 950-167 Lombard Avenue, in the Grain Exchange Building, you can access the building from Rorie Street and Lombard Avenue.
Class Times and Other Details
ASAP Training Ltd. classes begin promptly at 8:30 am and end around 4:00 pm. Our doors open at 8:00 am. Coffee and tea are provided for students. We have a kitchen with a microwave and refrigerator available for student use if they wish to bring their own lunch. Lunch break is one hour from approximately 11:30 to 12:30. A telephone and sitting area are available for student use. Our office is a non-smoking facility and is wheelchair accessible.
There are many restaurants available within walking distance of the school.
For your convenience, we have also provided a map of the available Parking Lots in proximity to the Grain Exchange Building, indoor and outdoor parking.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1084 times.