This course will focus on an introduction to Microsoft Publisher 2007 training. With this course, you will learn how to create, format, revise, and distribute publications.
- Course Outline
You're starting Microsoft Office Publisher 2007, which is an easy-to-use, flexible program for creating newsletters, brochures, business cards, postcards, flyers, among others for print, email, and the web. In this course, you will look at how to create a publication from scratch or use one of the hundreds of business and personal designs available in Publisher.
You will create, format, revise, and distribute publications.
This course was designed for persons with a basic understanding of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Word who need to learn how to use Microsoft Publisher 2007 to create, layout, and edit publications.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create a one-page publication.
- modify a publication's layout and structure.
- edit content in the publication.
- format a publication.
- format pictures.
- identify the options for distributing a publication.
Lesson 1: The Fundamentals
- Topic 1A: Opening Publisher
- Topic 1B: Viewing a Publication
- Topic 1C: Moving around in a Publication
- Topic 1D: Saving and Closing a Publication
- Topic 1E: Prviewing and Printing a Publication
- Topic 2A: Planning a Publication
- Topic 2B: Creating a Publication Type
- Topic 3B: Creating a Blank Publication
- Topic 4B: Importing & Deleting Text
- Topic 5B: Inserting and Deleting Pages
- Topic 3A: Using Bold and Italics
- Topic 3B: Changing Font Type, Size and Color
- Topic 3C: Using Font Dialog Box
- Topic 3D: Using Format Painter
- Topic 3E: Working with Bulleted and Numbered Lists
- Topic 3F: Working with Tabs
- Topic 3G: Indenting Paragraphs
- Topic 3H: Alignment and Spacing
- Topic 3I: Drop Caps
- Topic 4A: Creating and Applying a Style
- Topic 4B: Modifying a Style
- Topic 4C: Importing and Deleting a Style
- Topic 5A: Design
- Topic 5B: Color and Font Schemes
- Topic 5C: Changing Background
- Topic 5D: Layout and Ruler Guides
- Topic 5E: Headers and Footers
- Topic 5F: Design Gallery and Design Checker
- Topic 6A: Drawing on your Pages
- Topic 6B: Adding, Formattting, Linking Text Boxes
- Topic 6C: Resizing, Moving, Copying and Deleting Objects
- Topic 6D: Formatting Objects
- Topic 6E: Inserting ClipArt
- Topic 6F: Inserting and Formatting Pictures
- Topic 6G: Text Wrapping
- Topic 6H: Inserting WordArt
- Topic 6I: Drawing AutoShapes
- Topic 6J: Aligning and Grouping Objects
- Topic 6K: Applying Shadows and 3-D Effects
- Topic 6L: Layering Objects
- Topic 7A: Overview
- Topic 7B: Select a Data Source
- Topic 7C: Enter Indiviual Records
- Topic 7D: Inserting Merge Fields
- Topic 7E: Previewing Merged Publication
- Topic 7F: Completing a Mail Merge
- Topic 7G: Working with Hyphenation
- Topic 7H: Using an Existing Data Source
- Topic 8A: Pack and Go Wizard
- Topic 8B: Hiding, Displaying and Moving Toolbars
- Topic 8C: Customizing Publisher Toolbars
- Topic 8D: Customizing Publishers Default Options
- Prerequisites & Certificates
This course assumes that you are familiar with using personal computers and word processing. You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on your computer. Specifically, you should be able to: launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; manage files and folders; select text and have a good understanding of Microsoft Word.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Cancellation Policy & Satisfaction Guarantee
You may cancel or reschedule your registration without penalty up to 5 business days before your class date.
ASAP Training Ltd. is located at 950 - 167 Lombard Avenue, in Exchange District. A training manual is provided. We encourage all students to bring in a USB stick for student files as we no longer hand out course files on a CD.
ASAP Training Ltd. is located in the picturesque downtown Exchange District at 950-167 Lombard Avenue, in the Grain Exchange Building, you can access the building from Rorie Street and Lombard Avenue.
Class Times and Other Details
ASAP Training Ltd. classes begin promptly at 8:30 am and end around 4:00 pm. Our doors open at 8:00 am. Coffee and tea are provided for students. We have a kitchen with a microwave and refrigerator available for student use if they wish to bring their own lunch. Lunch break is one hour from approximately 11:30 to 12:30. A telephone and sitting area are available for student use. Our office is a non-smoking facility and is wheelchair accessible.
There are many restaurants available within walking distance of the school.
For your convenience, we have also provided a map of the available Parking Lots in proximity to the Grain Exchange Building, indoor and outdoor parking.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2606 times.