Organizing the firm's financial system & getting a handle on the numbers is a real challenge for most professionals. However, setting up a system that is practical, and learning how to budget and manage your cash flow are a lot simpler than you think.
- Course Outline
Is your firm's financial system organized so you're on top of your billings, have good cash flow, and can keep your hard-earned gains from turning into a loss during the recession?
Organizing the firm's financial system and getting a handle on the numbers is a real challenge for most professionals. However, setting up a system that is practical and user friendly, and learning how to budget and manage your cash flow are a lot simpler than you think.
Learn how to set up a simple and efficient cost-tracking and bookkeeping system and how to prepare a business budget and track your cash-flow in this dynamic, hands-on, four-hour workshop that guides sole practitioners and professionals working in small firms step-by-step through the process of creating a financial management system for their practice.
You will learn:
- How to organize all the receipts and invoices you receive
- How to track project costs and time so it's easier and faster to bill
- How to set up the 'Chart of Accounts'
- How to forecast business and client revenues and expenses to create an annual budget
- How to actualize the budget with monthly 'tune-ups'
- How to forecast flows of money in and out of the practice
- How to create a cash flow management system
- How to use the budget and cash flow plan to make strategic business, marketing and project management decisions
- Standard financial management procedures you should carry out monthly, quarterly and annually
- How to teach a bookkeeper, a practice coordinator or an assistant to create and review budgets and cash flow so you can focus on work of higher value
- Sole practitioners and practice owners and principals in firms of up to 30 people.
- We recommend practitioners also bring their practice assistant or coordinator to the program.
- Upon registration in the program, you will receive a template with a list of financial data you need to prepare your budget.
- Bring the completed template to the workshop and we will take you step-by-step through the process of translating your data into an actual workable budget.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Includes detailed workshop manual and refreshments
- Cancellation Policy
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 597 times.