Topics included in this 1 day course are : Structure, getting database information, database maintenance using action queries, calculated fields with functions, linking and importing, database security.
- Course Outline
Make more informed decisions by effectively tracking, reporting, and sharing information with Microsoft Access.Objectives
- Explain 3 steps to normalize a database
- Explain 3 types of database relationships
- Use the Table Analyzer Wizard
- Explain query join properties
- Create command buttons on a form and attach macros
- Create action queries
- Use the IIF function to determine if a condition exists
- Use the Sum and Avg functions in a report
- Link and Import external data into Access
- Explain 2 ways to implement startup security
Section 1 - Structure
- Understanding The Sample Database
- Relationships Review
Section 2 - Getting Database Information
- Creating a Form Lookup
- Query Join Properties
- Form Letters using Reports
- Macros and the Where Condition
- Using Command Buttons
- Creating Reports for MS Word
- Trimming Fields
- Merging Data and Reports to MS Word
Section 3 - Database Maintenance Using Action Queries
- Update Queries
- Delete Queries
- Make table Queries
- Append Queries
- Crosstab Queries
Section 4 - Calculated Fields with Functions
- The Immediate If statement (IIF)
- Reviewing Calculations in Sub-forms
- The Average and Sum Functions
Section 5 - Linking and Importing
- Linking external files to your database
- Importing files
Section 6 - Database Security
- Adding a Database password
- Startup Security
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Microsoft Access 2007 Level 2 or equivalent experience
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Should you postpone or cancel your course you must give 5 business days notice.
- Map & Reviews
On Track Computer Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2924 times.