Knowing how and when to coach is an essential skill that can benefit both you and your organization. This workshop will help you become a better coach in all senses of the word.
- Course Outline
COURSE TITLE COACHING: On The Job Performance Management OVERVIEW
Coach, Role Model, Counselor, Supporter, Guide...do these words ring a bell? Being a coach involves being a role model, sometimes a counselor or supporter, and always a guide. Coaching is based on a partnership that involves giving both support and challenging opportunities to employees. Knowing how and when to coach is an essential skill that can benefit both you and your organization. This workshop will help you become a better coach in all senses of the word.LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Understand how coaching can be used to develop your team
- Develop the coaching skills that help improve individual performance
- Demonstrate the behaviours and practices of an effective coach
- Recognize employees’ strengths and give them the feedback they need to succeed
- Identify employee problems and ways you can help to correct them
- Defining Coaching
- Two Schools
- Why and What?
- Coaching Skills
- Pre-Assignment: Coaching Assessment
- Interpersonal Communication
- What are Communication Skills?
- Where Can I Improve?
- Non-Verbal Communication
- Self-Disclosure (Johari Windows)
- Five Critical Coaching Skills
- More on Communication
- Learning Styles and Learning Principles
- Benefits / Consequences Matrix
- Skills Involved in Coaching
- The Coaching Model
- Coaching ProblemsMETHODOLOGY
- Large group discussions
- Individual work and reflection
- Small group discussion and exercises
- Case studies
- Simulations / Role-plays
- New or Aspiring Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders
- Experienced Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders
- Mastering the Art of Communication (SDI) or equivalent is recommended
- Completed pre-assignment
- 1 Day
- .6 – 20
- Prerequisites & Certificates
MANUALS / CERTIFICATES
All program fees include a manual on CD complete with self study lessons. Course manuals can be purchased for an additional fee and are dependent on subject and level. The manual fee is a passed through cost to our clients.
Upon completion of the each program each participant will receive a certificate of completion.
Parking is available for our students at the rear of the building.Please, donít park in the reserved parking spaces around the building, your car will be tagged and/or towed away.
BREAKS AND LUNCH
Our courses run between 9:00AM Ė 4:00PM. There are two 15 minutes coffee breaks: one at 10:30AM and the other are at 2:30PM. The lunch break is between 12:00AM and 1:00PM.
Coffee and suitable drinks are provided by us during the course. There are numerous restaurants and take-out places in the area, or you may prefer to bring your own lunch and enjoy it on site. Microwave and fridge available.
- Cancellation Policy
Commitment of resources and industry standards require that we be notified of any cancellation. As such, you may reschedule any training course up to five (5) working days before the actual training date. Simply call us, and we send you a new registration confirmation without extra charge. If training is rescheduled less than five (5) working days before the training date, a rescheduling fee of 50% of the course fee will be invoiced.
The latest time we accept rescheduling is until noon on the working day before
the training date. "No-shows" without prior notification are charged as if you had attended the course. There are no refunds. We reserve the right to cancel any course and reschedule if attendance is not sufficient to run the course. In this case you will be notified, usually five (5) working days or more prior to the
training day and the training is rescheduled.
- Map & Reviews
Careers in Transition
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 176 times.