Flex 3 and LiveCycle Data Services: Integrating with ColdFusion 8 provides experienced application developers with hands-on, practical experience connecting their Flex font ends to remote, dynamic data using LiveCycle Data Services.
- Course Outline
Flex 3 and LiveCycle Data Services: Integrating with ColdFusion 8 provides experienced application developers with hands-on, practical experience connecting their Flex font ends to remote, dynamic data using LiveCycle Data Services. This two day course instructs developers how to connect with remote data using web services and LiveCycle Data Services
Audience This course is designed for application developers who want to connect their Flex font ends to dynamic data. To gain the most from this class, you should:
Have attended the Flex 3: Developing Rich Client Applications course.
Have equivalent knowledge of the topics covered in Flex 3: Developing Rich Client Applications course.
Outline Lesson 1 - Introduction to Flex and ColdFusion
- Flex 3 and ColdFusion
- Reviewing the course prerequisites and objectives
- Reviewing the course outline
- Integrating Flex applications with ColdFusion
- Understanding the Flex services configuration file
- Using the ColdFusion Extensions for Flex Builder
- Using CFEclipse
- Understanding Flash Remoting and the RemoteObject class
- Calling CFC methods with RemoteObject
- Using RemoteObject Events
- Complex Remote Method Calls
- Remoting Service Runtime Configuration
- Understanding the ColdFusion Wizards for Flex Builder
- Using the CFC Value Object Wizard
- Using code from the CFC Value Object Wizard
- Modifying data with Wizard methods
- Using the ColdFusion/Flex Application Wizard
- Understanding collection classes
- Filtering Data on the Client
- Sorting data on the client
- Using the IViewCursor interface
- Understanding XML structure
- Working with XML data in ActionScript 3
- Using E4X Expressions
- Using the Tree control
- Using Tree Control Events and Properties
- Using E4X Expressions for Search
- Removing Items from XML
- Introducing LiveCycle Data Services
- Creating a Flex project for use with ColdFusion and LiveCycle Data Services
- LiveCycle Data Services Features
- Using BlazeDS
- Introducing the Message Service
- Sending Messages
- Receiving and processing messages
- Sending and receiving complex data
- Using the Message Service with ColdFusion Event Gateways
- Data Management Service Overview
- Creating a Data Management Service destination for use with ColdFusion
- Using the Data Management Service in a Flex application
- Managing changes to data
- Using DataService Events
- Advanced Data Management Service Features
- Implementing file transfer basics
- Uploading a file
- Prerequisites & Certificates
To gain the most from this class, you should: Have attended the Flex 3: Developing Rich Client Applications course. Have equivalent knowledge of the topics covered in Flex 3: Developing Rich Client Applications course.
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
Our cancellation/reschedule policy requires notification at least 10 business days before the class start date for a full refund. Please note that you are responsible for notifying NTG of your inability to attend class or you will be invoiced for the full payment.
Should you need to cancel in less than 10 business days before the start of the class, you will be given a 100% credit towards a future class that must be taken within 6 months of the start of the original class. If you are not able to reschedule to a future class, you will be charged 50% of the upfront registration fee.
Classes are subject to cancellation by NTG up to two weeks prior to the class date. It is important to keep this in mind before you purchase a non-refundable airline ticket.
- Map & Reviews
New Toronto Group
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 213 times.