This two day course teaches developers how to connect with remote data using ColdFusion Flash Remoting and the Flex Data Management Service, and how to integrate ColdFusion Enterprise Edition with the Flex Message Service.
- Course Outline
Flex 2: Integrating with ColdFusion MX 7 provides ColdFusion developers with handson, practical experience connecting their Flex 2 client applications to remote, dynamic data provided by ColdFusion MX and Flex Data Services. This two day course teaches developers how to connect with remote data using ColdFusion Flash Remoting and the Flex Data Management Service, and how to integrate ColdFusion Enterprise Edition with the Flex Message Service.
This course is designed for ColdFusion developers who want to add server-based data management to their Flex 2 applications using Adobe ColdFusion MX 7 or higher.
Unit 1: Introduction to Flex 2 and ColdFusion MX 7
- Flex, ColdFusion, and the Adobe Engagement Platform
- Integrating Flex 2 applications with ColdFusion MX 7
- Verify the ColdFusion Installation
- Understanding the Flex Services Configuration file
- Using the ColdFusion Extensions for Flex Builder
- Using CFEclipse
- Understanding remote object services
- Create a Flex project for use with ColdFusion
- Calling methods of remote object services
- ColdFusion functions as remote object methods using CFC's
- Understanding the ColdFusion Wizards for Flex Builder
- Using the CFC Value Object Wizard
- Generate code with the CFC Value Object Wizard
- Using Code from the CFC Value Object Wizard
- Modifying data with the Wizard methods
- Using the ColdFusion/Flex Application Wizard
- Understanding Collection Classes
- Filtering data on the client
- Sorting data on the client
- Using the client-side data cursors
- Validating form data
- Triggering validation with events
- Validating numeric input
- Triggering validation with ActionScript
- Using regular expressions
- Introducing Flex Data Services
- Installing Flex Data Services
- Flex Data Services Features
- Creating a Flex project for use with Flex Data Services
- Flex Data Services Features
- Introducing the Flex Message Service
- Reviewing Message Destination Configuration
- Understanding Publish-Subscribe Messaging
- Publishing Messages
- Receiving and processing messages
- Sending and Receiving Complex Data
- Using the Message Service with ColdFusion Event Gateways
- Data Management Service Overview
- Check the FDS Configuration amd create a Flex project
- Creating a Data Management Service destination for use with ColdFusion
- Using the Data Management Service in a Flex application
- Managing Data Changes
- Using DataService Events
- Implementing file transfer basics
- Uploading a file to the server
- Enhancing the user experience with FileReference events
- Prerequisites & Certificates
To gain the most from this class, you should: * Have attended Flex 2: Developing Rich Client Applications or have equivalent experience developing Flex 2 client applications. * Have attended Fast Track to ColdFusion or have experience developing web applications with Adobe ColdFusion.
Certificate of completion and course manual are provided.
- Cancellation Policy
Our cancellation/reschedule policy requires notification at least 10 business days before the class start date for a full refund. Please note that you are responsible for notifying NTG of your inability to attend class or you will be invoiced for the full payment.
Should you need to cancel in less than 10 business days before the start of the class, you will be given a 100% credit towards a future class that must be taken within 6 months of the start of the original class. If you are not able to reschedule to a future class, you will be charged 50% of the upfront registration fee.
Classes are subject to cancellation by NTG up to two weeks prior to the class date. It is important to keep this in mind before you purchase a non-refundable airline ticket.
- Map & Reviews
New Toronto Group
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 234 times.