In this hands-on course you'll learn the principles, tools & techniques for business analysis to effectively communicate with business & technical stakeholders. Experience how use cases techniques are applied in a project, encountering real project...
- Course Outline
BABOK Compliance: BABOK Release 2
In this hands-on course you will learn the principles, tools and techniques for business analysis to effectively communicate with business and technical stakeholders. You will experience how use cases techniques are applied in a project, encountering real project challenges, through a case study. You will acquire the tools and the insight to decide how to apply use case techniques in any project, confident that your approach will be effective.
The course focuses on various aspects of business analysis including requirements elicitation, requirements management, UML modeling, Use case specifications and software testing & quality assurance. The emphasis of the course is on hands-on training on tools & techniques that can immediately be put to use at the workplace.
You will learn to: • Capture the business needs of your stakeholders
• Translate those business needs into effectively written use cases that will satisfy the business needs of your customers
• Apply best practice approaches to ensure completeness of your use case model
• Design and develop prototypes alongside use cases to really engage your stakeholders (without any technical knowledge)
• Conduct requirements-workshop sessions, Brainstorming / JAD sessions
• Use industry's leading tools like Rational Requisite ProTM, Rational RoseTM, Mercury Quality CenterTM, Mercury Quick Test Professional TM etc.
• Create requirements & other project documentation including Requirements Management Plan, Vision Document, Business Requirements Document (BRD) etc.
• Use UML 2 – the current industry OO standard – in preparing use case, Activity, Class & Sequence Diagrams
• Create Data Models, Data Flow Diagrams (DFD) & Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD)
• Understand basic concepts of iterative development & Rational Unified Process (RUP)
• Understand the BA role with respect to Quality Assurance and be able to facilitate Structured Walkthroughs in order to test the requirements.
• Plan & Conduct User Acceptance Test sessions, create Test Scenarios & plans and manage software defects
• Adapt your approach to work in any project or organization
Course Highlights • Five week course held on consecutive Saturdays (10 AM - 2 PM)
• Course is offered in both class-room and online format
• 24 hour access to discussion forum to ask questions of your instructor and exchange views with your fellow students
• Each Student receives a copy of all course material as well as a knowledge base, containing useful templates, examples, guidelines and glossary for use back on the job.
• The course helps the students gain a detailed understanding of the Business Analyst role, tools, processes and and helps them prepare for the CBAP certification exam.
• Access to the course material and forums for a full year after course completion
Who Can Benefit? • Business analysts looking to upgrade their skills or write the CBAP exam
• Professionals looking to take on a Business Analyst role for the first time or write the CBAP exam
Time Commitment and Technical Requirements • 2-3 hours of course work a week for five weeks
• Attend a four hour class on Saturdays at 10 AM - 2 PM EST.
• Internet capable laptop, Skype account (online classes only), and headset (online classes only)
About the Instructor Greg Bhatia has been working as a business analyst for the last seven years. He has led successful projects and been applying business analysis techniques in many large organizations (Microsoft, First Data, Sprint) in Canada and the USA for which he has worked.
BABOK 2 Alignment This course addresses the following BABOK knowledge areas and tasks:
Business Analysis Planning & Monitoring
* Plan Business Analysis Approach
* Conduct Stakeholder Analysis
* Plan Business Analysis Activities
* Plan Business Analysis Communication
* Plan Requirements Management Process
* Manage Business Analysis Performance
* Define Business Need
* Assess Capability Gaps
* Determine Solution Approach
* Define Solution Scope
* Define Business Case
* Prepare for Elicitation
* Conduct Elicitation Activity
* Document Elicitation Results
* Confirm Elicitation Results
* Prioritize Requirements
* Organize Requirements
* Specify and Model Requirements
* Define Assumptions and Constraints
* Verify Requirements
* Validate Requirements
Requirements Management & Validation
* Manage Solution Scope & Requirements
* Manage Requirements Traceability
* Maintain Requirements for Re-use
* Prepare Requirements Package
* Communicate Requirements
- Prerequisites & Certificates
• Each Student receives a copy of all course material as well as a knowledge base, containing useful templates, examples, guidelines and glossary for use back on the job. • The course helps the students gain a detailed understanding of the Business Analyst role, tools, processes and and helps them prepare for the CBAP certification exam. • Access to the course material and forums for a full year after course completion
- Cancellation Policy
Please note that while all classes should be marketed as "In-Class" and enrolments are welcome for all 3 locations, Millennium reserves the right to convert a class to "Virtual, Instructor Led" if enrolments for a certain location is less than 5 students.
If the student wishes to cancel the registration for some reason, the following refund policy will apply:
- Refund request 15 days before course start date 50% of tuition (or student will pay 50% of tuition if the same has not been paid yet)
- Refund request 7 days before course start date 25% of tuition (or student will pay 75% of tuition if the same has not been paid yet)
- Refund request less than 7 days before course start date No refund (or student will pay 100% of tuition if the same has not been paid yet)
- Map & Reviews
Millennium Communications & Training
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 336 times.