This course covers the principles of how technical drawings are structured and the conventions that are used in creating and reading them.
- Course Outline
This course covers the principles of how technical drawings are structured and the conventions that are used in creating and reading them. The course will focus on providing students with the skills required to interpret mechanical, industrial, and architectural drawings. Students will be encouraged to sketch, analyze and gather graphical information for visualizing objects and for developing problem solving skills. Students will be exposed to extensive hands-on activities using real buildings and real mechanical components.Course Outline
Who should attend
This informative course can be taken by anybody who wants to improve his/her Design Interpretation skills. (CAD designers, CNC Machinists, Furniture and Cabinet Makers, Construction Workers, Technical Workers, and so on)
Main topics covered in this course:
· Object Representation
· Standards (ISO, ANSI)
· Imperial and Metric Measuring systems
· Dimensions, Lines and Symbols
· Title Block, Auxiliary Blocks, Bill of Materials
· Orthographic Projection (Multi-view drawings)
· Pictorial Drawings
· The way prints are produced
· Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD & T)
· Threads and Fasteners
· Sectional Views
· Auxiliary views
· Detail and Assembly Drawings
· Material Classification and properties
· Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Drawings
· Manufacturing processes
· Gear and Cams
· Construction materials
· Architectural Drawings
· Architectural Symbols
· Electrical Drawings
· Electrical Symbols
· Piping Drawings
· Piping SymbolsFacility Location
Leonardo College of DesignSchool overview
2319 Keele Street, Suite 206,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6M 4A1
(On Keele St., 2 blocks south of Lawrence Ave W)
Leonardo College of Design is registered as a Private Career College under the "Private Career Colleges Act, 2005". We are specialized in CAD (Computer Aided Design) and Web Design & Development. Our highly qualified instructors use effective hands-on training methods. Our goal is to prepare students for challenging and creative new careers in a relatively short period of time. We offer latest equipment and software, small classes and free parking.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of Attendance and Completion
- Cancellation Policy
- If your course has been canceled, you will receive a full refund.
- If you are withdrawing from a course, prior to the day of the first scheduled class, you will receive the full refund less a $25 administrative fee.
- If you withdraw before the end of the 3rd class, you will receive the full refund less 50% of the course materials fee and a $25 administrative fee.
- If you withdraw later than 3 classes from the course start date you will not receive a refund.
- There are no refunds allowed on one-day courses or courses of 12 hours or fewer unless you withdraw officially ten business days before the start of the course
- Map & Reviews
Leonardo College of Design
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 370 times.