This course covers the basic features of Photoshop CS3 and InDesign CS3. This course is spread over three mornings.
- Course Outline
Day 1 - Photoshop
- Creating, opening and saving a document
- Understanding file types
- Finding your way around the workspace
- Moving around within an image
- Changing image size and resolution
- The uses and advantages of various formats
- Rotating and flipping images
- Resampling an image
- Working with new windows
- Accessing and customizing the Layers palette
- Creating, deleting, and copying layers
- Linking, grouping, and re-ordering layers
- Merging layers and flattening images
- Creating a clipping mask from a layer
- Exploring the Lightbox
- Setting Preferences
- Opening and deleting images
- Sorting and tagging
Finding your way around the workspace
- Creating, opening and saving
- documents (including setup)
- File types and extensions
- Dealing with dependencies
- Working with Palettes
- Saving your workspace
- Setting preferences
- Creating margins and columns
- Utilizing Master pages
- Creating Guides
- Using the rectangle tool
- Using the rectangle frame tool
- Creating frames for text
- Creating frames for graphics
- Using Layers
- Combining Guides with Layers
- Importing from Microsoft Word
- Handling overflow text
- Adding and deleting pages from a document
- Creating a layout and duplicating text frames
- Using Autoflow
- Importing Photoshop files
- Importing Illustrator files
- Creating a style sheet
- Applying a style sheet
- Applying styles to graphics
- Arranging graphics
- Aligning graphics
- Creating a flyer from scratch
Supporting Materials: Hand-outs of all presentations will be available.*
Computer: PC running Windows XP
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation of the course, after the quote is accepted, results in a
charge of 50% of the quoted price of the course.
Parking: We have parking on both the street next to the building and behind
the building in the lot. Parking is free.
Building Access: Our building is a secure building, so when you arrive, please dial
2007# at either door and you will be buzzed into the building.
TTC: The Jones St. bus stops directly in front of the building and connects
to the Bloor subway line at the Donlands station.The bus runs
about every 30 minutes.
Food/Drink: Wendy’s and Tim Horton’s are immediately next door to the studio.
There is a Loblaws across the street as well as a Subway within
We have a refrigerator in the studio that you are free to use,
along with coffee, tea, and filtered water.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Cancellation Policy
Creating quality courses takes a great deal of time and preparation. We are dedicated to meeting student's needs in terms of course content and strive to provide the best learning experience possible. If you cancel your registration, 10 or more business days before the start of the class, we will refund 50% of your registration fee and charge a $25 administration fee. If you cancel your registration less than 10 business days before the start of class, no refund will be given and a $25 administration fee will be charged.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 301 times.