Because of various business conditions & requirements, in addition to querying the database, you may need to restructure & index tables & manipulate the data in the tables using advanced queries. In this course, you'll create advanced SQL queries to...
- Course Outline
In the course SQL: Fundamentals of Querying (Third Edition), you performed basic SQL querying. Because of various business conditions and requirements, in addition to querying the database, you may need to restructure and index tables. You may also need to manipulate the data in the tables using advanced queries. In this course, SQL: Advanced Querying (Third Edition), you will create advanced SQL queries to manipulate and index tables.
Who should attend Students should have basic introductory SQL skills, basic computer skills, and be familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology.
What you'll Learn Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
· use subqueries to generate query output.
· manipulate table data by inserting, updating, and deleting records in a table.
· manipulate the table structure.
· create views, manipulate data through views, modify the view structure, and drop views.
· create indices on table columns and drop inefficient indices.
· mark the beginning of a transaction, create a savepoint within a transaction, rollback a transaction, and commit a transaction.
Course outline Lesson 1: Advanced Querying Using Subqueries
· Topic 1A: Search Based on an Unknown Value
· Topic 1B: Search Based on Multiple Unknown Values
· Topic 1C: Compare a Value with Unknown Values
· Topic 1D: Search Based on the Existence of Records
· Topic 1E: Generate Output Using Correlated Subqueries
· Topic 1F: Filter Grouped Data Within Subqueries
· Topic 1G: Perform Multiple-Level Subqueries
Lesson 2: Manipulating Table Data
· Topic 2A: Insert Data
· Topic 2B: Modify Data
· Topic 2C: Delete Data
Lesson 3: Manipulating the Table Structure
· Topic 3A: Create a Simple Table
· Topic 3B: Create a Table with Constraints
· Topic 3C: Add and Drop Table Columns
· Topic 3D: Add and Drop Constraints
· Topic 3E: Modify the Column Definition
· Topic 3F: Back Up Tables
· Topic 3G: Delete Tables
Lesson 4: Working with Views
· Topic 4A: Create a View
· Topic 4B: Manipulate Data in Views
· Topic 4C: Create Aliases
· Topic 4D: Modify and Drop Views
Lesson 5: Indexing Data
· Topic 5A: Create Indices
· Topic 5B: Drop Indices
Lesson 6: Managing Transactions
· Topic 6A: Create Transactions
· Topic 6B: Commit Transactions
Appendix A: Structure of the Bookstore Database
- Prerequisites & Certificates
To ensure your success, we recommend you first take the following Element K courses, or have equivalent skills and knowledge: ∑ SQL : Fundamentals of Querying ∑ Windows XP Professional : Level 1 and Windows XP Professional : Level 2 or Windows XP : Introduction
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 461 times.