Report and Proposal Writing is designed to provide individuals with the skills they need to improve the planning, structuring and formatting of formal and informal reports and proposals.
- Course Start Date: Nov. 9
- Location: Ottawa
- Time: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 2 days
08:30 AM - 05:00 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Seats Available: YES
- Category:Report and Proposal Writing Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Clear, well-planned and crafted reports and proposals get better results. In many ways, they also communicate the strengths of the enterprise, not only in the words chosen, but the very structure and organization of the document. Whether you are trying to respond to a business opportunity, communicate progress on an important project or share your ideas with others, the structure, style and expression of your report or proposal can be a major factor in achieving your goals.
Report and Proposal Writing is designed to provide individuals with the skills they need to improve the planning, structuring and formatting of formal and informal reports and proposals.What You'll Learn
- Identify the value of different types of reports and proposals, and explore common problems found with them
- Identify the prime objectives and outcomes of your report or proposal
- Analyze your intended audience in terms of knowledge, needs and attitudes
- Map out preliminary content, and identify and develop solutions for obstacles
- Structure the opening, body and summary of your report or proposal
- Develop an executive summary
- Illustrate data, statistics and information
- Use effective grammatical structure and write in a clear, concise manner
- Differentiate between fact and opinion
- Edit your documents using an editing checklist
- Structure and write letters and mini-reports and proposals
- Properly package your report or proposal
Anyone who wants to develop or improve their report or proposal writing skillsFollow-On Courses
- Communicating for Clarity
- Presentation Skills
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Art of Storytelling
This course is part of the following programs or tracks:
- Advanced Certificate of Completion in Business Analysis
1. The Process of Understanding
- Model Summary
- Developing a Report or Proposal Process
- Setting a Communication Objective
- Analyzing Your Audience
- Planning Content, Language, and Style
- Communication Planning Guide
- Basic Structuring Model
- Other Applications of the Structuring Model
- Sample Letter: Alba Tech
- Sample Report Formats
- Grammatical Structure
- Clarity and Conciseness
- Facts vs. Opinions
- General Guidelines for Editing
- Five C's of Business Writing
- Editing Checklist
- Packaging Elements
- Presenting Your Report
- Workshop Summary
- Course Evaluation
- Types of Illustrations
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Prework for this course should be completed one week in advance and brought to class.
- 14 PMI PDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
Global Knowledge Ottawa
360 Albert Street
Canada K1R 7X7
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 74 times.