This course teaches the basic, critical skills for managing a NetWare 6.5 network. It is for those who have entry-level experience in managing computer networks. It does not require occupational experience but some prior knowledge of NetWare 6.5
- Course Outline
Who should attend?
This course is for students who have entry-level experience in managing computer networks. This course does not require that you have occupational experience with Novell products; however, it does assume you have some prior knowledge of NetWare 6.5
This course teaches the basic, critical skills for managing a NetWare 6.5 network. This course is for students who have entry-level experience in managing computer networks. This course does not require that you have occupational experience with Novell products, however, it does assume you have some prior knowledge of NetWare 6.5Course Outline
Section 1: Manage Client Software on a NetWare 6.5 Network
- Manage and Troubleshoot User Connectivity Problems
- Specify Guidelines for Novell Client Configurations
- Update Novell Client Software
Section 2: Build a TCP/IP Network Using NetWare 6.5
- Identify NetWare 6.5 TCP/IP Components
- Identify How DHCP Services Work
- Configure DHCP Services
- Create a Private Network Using NAT
- Identify How DNS Services Work
- Configure DNS Services
- Configure Dynamic DNS Services
- Configure SLP
Section 3: Manage NetWare 6.5 Servers
- Identify NetWare 6.5 Server Management Utilities
- Use Remote Manager
- Use iManager 2.0
- Use iMonitor
- Use iMonitor to Diagnose and Repair eDirectory Problems
- Repair eDirectory using iMonitor
- Use the eDirectory Import/Export Wizard to Manage LDIF Files
Section 4: Manage NetWare 6.5 Encryption
- Describe Public Key Cryptography
- Identify How Public Key Cryptography Works
- Use Novell Certificate Server to Implement Public Key Cryptography
Section 5: Optimize eDirectory Performance
- Define eDirectory Replication and Synchronization
- Identify Basic eDirectory Administrative Procedures
- Design and Implement a Time Synchronization Strategy
Section 6: Manage Novell Licensing
- Identify How Server and User Licensing Works
- Identify Key NLS Components
- Manage License Certificates in the eDirectory Tree
- Install NLS Certificates and View NetWare Usage
Section 7: Manage the NSS File System
- Manage NSS
- Manage NSS Storage Space
- Configure User Access to the File System
Section 8: Manage NetWare 6.5 Web and Application Services
- Describe NWAS Tools and Services
- Install and Manage Apache Web Server
- Manage Multiple Instances of Apache
Section 9: Foundational Network Management Skills and Resources
- Document Your Network
- Describe the 6-Step Network Troubleshooting Model
- Prepare for Network Problem Recurrence
- Locate Support Information on the Novell Web Site
Section 10: Plan for a NetWare 6.5 Upgrade
- Review NetWare 6.5 Operating System Requirements
- Upgrade Network and server Hardware
- Create an Upgrade Plan
Section 11: Upgrading to NetWare 6.5
- Prepare the network for the Upgrade
- Perform an Upgrade
- Perform a Remote Upgrade
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Students must have an understating of the following: Foundation of Novell Networking: Novell Course 3016 Terminology, hardware and practices, such as routers, hubs, switches, backbones, and subnets, commonly used in medium to large enterprise networks.
Participants will receive a Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 254 times.