Get an introduction to the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver to business expectations. Using an engaging case study, you'll learn the core disciplines of ITIL best practices. Upon completing this course, you'll be well positioned to successful
- Course Start Date: Oct. 23
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 3 days
08:30 AM - 05:00 PM
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Virtual Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:ITIL Training
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
Learn about process improvements, benefits, and challenges of ITIL, and get your ITIL Foundation certification.
In this exciting and dynamic course, you will get an introduction to the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver to business expectations. Using an engaging case study, you'll learn the core disciplines of ITIL best practices. Upon completing this course, you'll be well positioned to successfully complete the associated ITIL exam required for entry into the future ITIL intermediate-level training courses.
ITIL covers five core disciplines:
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
These disciplines represent a service lifecycle framework that further enhances alignment to the business while demonstrating business value and ROI and enabling IT to solve specific operational needs.
This course includes handouts and references useful after the class, as well as practice sessions, quizzes, exam strategies, and test-taking tips. The one-hour ITIL Foundation exam will be offered on the last day of class at 3:30 PM.
More than 18,000 students have taken our ITIL Foundation training. We're so confident you'll pass the ITIL Foundation exam, we guarantee your success or your money back. Visit www.globalknowledge.ca/itilguarantee for details.What You'll Learn
- Key concepts of ITIL
- Important principles for improving IT operations
- Vital processes and functions
- Practical guidance for applying ITIL to everyday IT situations
- How to align with business, control costs, and improve IT service quality
- Strategies to balance IT resources
Anyone seeking ITIL Foundation certification and everyone interested in aligning IT with business, controlling or reducing IT costs, improving IT service quality, and balancing IT resources in the most effective manner. All IT professionals, IT project managers, IT managers, IT project or team members, coordinators, network operators, business process analysts, IT architects, consultants, systems integrators, help desk managers and staff, planners, managed service providers, outsourcers, application developers, and other IT-related positions.Follow-On Courses
- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Strategy
- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Design
- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Transition
- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Operation
- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Continual Service Improvement
- ITIL® Service Capability: Planning, Protection, and Optimization
- ITIL® Service Capability: Service Offerings and Agreements
- ITIL® Service Capability: Release, Control, and Validation
- ITIL® Service Capability: Operational Support and Analysis
This course is part of the following programs or tracks:
- ITIL® Certifications
Emphasis on Practicing, Not Preaching
Our courses maximize learning through intensive, hands-on exercises. Our experiential design puts theory into practice and dramatically improves your learning experience, professional development, and retention. It is the difference between memorizing facts and building competency. We use more challenging scenarios and offer greater detail and practice of each concept than traditional courses, so you will return to work more knowledgeable and with greater expertise.Free Templates with Every Course
Creating templates to support your methodology is expensive and time consuming. We make it easy for you to adopt best practices quickly and easily by including our CD of 110 templates with this course. You can easily customize the templates for use throughout your organization.Flexible Courses That Fit Your Needs
Building our courses with individual lesson objects allows us to easily customize a solution that meets the needs of your organization. From editing standard course curriculum to creating a custom course that complements the best practices of your organization, we have the experience and expertise to deliver exactly what you need.Customization for Organizations
Using our SOLVE methodology (Surround, Originate, Launch, Validate, Evolve), we can assess your organization's unique learning needs and goals, design and implement a tailored solution, and provide continuous program improvements. We also offer curriculum-planning services to help maximize the return on your organization's training investment.Course Outline
1. Service Management Defined
- IT services and what they really do
- How IT services deliver value to customers
- Value and importance of IT service management
- Good practices
- Ease ITIL adoption
- ITIL qualification scheme, bodies, and certifications
- Design, develop, and implement service management
- Service management as a strategic asset
- Setting objectives and expectations
- Identify and select prioritization opportunities
- Design and develop services
- Develop processes
- Design principles and methods
- Convert strategy into services
- Develop and improve capabilities
- Improved methods for transitioning new and changed services into operation
- Manage the complexity related to changes
- Prevent undesired results while enabling innovation
- Effectively and efficiently deliver support services
- Ensure value to customer and service provider
- Maintain stability while allowing for change
- Organize to improve IT support to customers
- Create and maintain value for customers
- Importance of better design, introduction, and operation of services
- Improving service quality, business continuity, and IT efficiency
- Link improvement efforts to strategy, design, and transition
- Important techniques to help you pass your exam
ITIL Virtual Exam Process:
People in virtual ITIL classes will get an e-mail during class with instructions on setting up the web-based exam.
ITPreneurs is administering the exams.
As of January 1, 2012, all exam agencies are going to have to comply with APMG(TM)s rules regarding individual candidates, which means they will now have to take their exams using a web-cam proctor. Students will no longer be allowed to nominate their own live proctor. The proctors will be supplied by the exam agencies and they do have native English-speaking proctors. Exams can be taken at any time of the day or night and can even be taken from the student(TM)s home now. Students will need to have a web-cam, but the standard web-cam that comes embedded in most laptops is perfectly acceptable.
We ask for 5 business days between submitting information to ITPreneurs and when they want to test.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Familiarity with IT terminology and IT-related work experience are recommended.
18 PMI PDUs
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
your city, your province
your country .
Registration for this course has been closed.
This course may be available on a different date listed below.
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 61 times.