- Microsoft Sharepoint Training
- Implementing and Administering Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (M6438)
The audience of this course is Windows SharePoint Server 3.0 administrators, who are responsible for planning, deploying and managing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 servers and sites in a Windows Server environment.
- Course Outline
The audience of this course is Windows SharePoint Server 3.0
administrators, who are responsible for planning, deploying and managing
Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 servers and sites in a Windows Server
Courseware and content for this course are not server version specific and the content is completely valid for students who work on Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008.
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Products (OMLP):
- 6438 - Implementing and Administering Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Explain the fundamentals of Windows SharePoint Service 3.0
- Plan and install Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Administer and manage Windows SharePoint Services servers
- Create and administer Windows SharePoint Services sites
- Work with Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
Windows SharePoint Server 3.0 administrators who are responsible for planning, deploying, and managing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 servers and sites in a Windows Server environment
1. Introduction to Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Windows SharePoint Services Environment
- Overview of Windows SharePoint Services Components
- Overview of Site Components
- Windows SharePoint Services Administration
- Planning Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Installation
- Planning Windows SharePoint Services Topology
- Performing New Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Installation
- Upgrading Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 to Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Configuring Server Security
- Managing Web Applications
- Managing Sites
- Maintaining the Server
- Monitoring Performance
- Administering Windows SharePoint Services Site
- Controlling Access to Windows SharePoint Services
- Customizing Sites
- Working with Windows SharePoint Services Sites
- Creating and Managing Lists and Surveys
- Managing Libraries
- Working with Microsoft Office 2007
Lab 1. Exploring Windows SharePoint Services Administration
- Examining the Central Administration Web Site
- Examining the Web Site Administration Pages
- Planning Web Applications and Site Hierarchy
- Ensuring Prerequisite Software is Installed
- Creating Service Accounts Required for Windows SharePoint Services
- Installing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Performing Initial Configuration Steps
- Configuring the Windows SharePoint Services Server
- Creating a Web Application and a Blocked File Type
- Creating a Site Collection
- Configuring and Creating a Content Database
- Testing the Internal and External Access
- Creating Sites and Configuring Permissions
- Setting Item Level Permissions
- Creating Permission Levels
- Customizing Site Customization, Creating Templates, and Deployment
- Creating a Team Site and a Personal View
- Working with Lists and Columns
- Creating and Managing a Document Library
- Working with Office
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Experience administering Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 - Experience working with IIS 6.0 or IIS 7.0. Students are not expected to have experience with Windows SharePoint Services
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 793 times.