- Crystal Reports Training Courses
- Crystal Reports 2008: Report Design I - Fundamentals of Report Design (BOC310)
This two-day instructor-led course is designed to give you comprehensive skills and in-depth knowledge to plan and create reports that will help you analyze and interpret information.
- Course Outline
This two-day instructor-led course is designed to give you comprehensive skills and in-depth knowledge to plan and create reports that will help you analyze and interpret information. You will learn to use Crystal Reports 2008, a powerful, dynamic, actionable reporting solution, to design, explore, visualize,and deliver reports via the web or embedded in enterprise applications.
This course provides an in-depth approach to the entire report creation cycle from planning a report prototype to distributing a report.
Certification towards Business Objects Certified Professional Crystal Reports (BOCP-CR)
What You'll Learn
- Plan and create reports to help analyze and interpret important information
- Increase understanding of report processing, formulas, custom functions and subreports to make more effective report design decisions and create more efficient reports.
Report designers who are new to Crystal Reports and who are responsible for creating and distributing reports
1. Planning a Report
- Database concepts
- Plan and develop a report prototype
- Create a report
- Add tables
- Examine the design environment
- Insert objects on a report
- Preview a report
- Save a report
- Position and size objects
- Format objects
- Define the Select Expert
- Determine the criteria for record selection
- Understanding saved and refreshed data
- Apply record selection
- Apply additional record selection criteria
- Modify record selection
- Apply time-based record selection
- Sort records
- Group records
- Summarize data
- Add graphical elements
- Combine text objects with database fields
- Apply specialized formatting
- Insert fields with pre-built functions
- Format sections
- Create a summary report
- Define a formula and its purpose
- Create formulas
- Apply Boolean formulas
- Apply If-Then-Else formulas
- Apply date calculations
- Apply number calculations
- Apply string manipulation
- Determine trends in data
- Format data conditionally
- Create a chart
- Export a report
- Save a report to BusinessObjects Enterprise
- Prerequisites & Certificates
- Windows conventions - Basic database concepts
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2651 times.