- Cisco Unified Collaboration Training
- ACUCW2 - Administering Cisco Unified Communications Workspace Part 2: Advanced v8.0
Focus on the advanced administration aspects of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) v6 & v7 server & client devices & take a look at Cisco Unified Presence Server (CUPS) v7. Learn how to configure the system from scratch to provide a working
- Course Outline
This hands-on, exclusive course builds on the foundation provided by Administering Cisco Unified Communications Workspace Part 1: Basic (ACUCW1) and focuses on advanced administration of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) v7 and v8. In this course, you will learn to build the UC infrastructure, including deploying a variable-length on-net dial plan supporting multiple sites with overlapping extensions.
After you learn how to configure the system from scratch, you'll discover how the new v7 and v8 features-local route groups and global transformations in particular-can simplify the dial plan and prepare for globalization. You will investigate deploying E.164 and explore the challenges of globalization presented by the North American Numbering Plan (NANP).
You will explore bandwidth management and call admission control tools used to manage calling in a network with multiple sites, and you will gain an understanding of mobility features, including device mobility, extension mobility, and unified mobility (single number reach), used in networks with multiple sites. You will configure hunt lists and learn about Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing (CUWL).
Why Global Knowledge?
We have the only courses specifically designed for administrators of Cisco Unified Communications products:
- ACUCW1: Entry-level administrators
- ACUCW2: Second-level/advanced administrators
courses provide a simulated PSTN supporting HQ in North America, multiple branch sites with overlapping extensions in North America, and a branch office in Europe.
In this class, you will build a complete dial plan, including Class of Service and test calling to 3-digit, 7-digit, 10-digit, 11-digit, and international route patterns, and you will investigate uncommon issues with overlapping 7- and 10-digit locations. Dialing at each site supports:
- 3-digit service codes: 411, 511, etc.
- 7-digit local numbers: 555-1901
- 10-digit local numbers: 416-777-1901
- 11-digit long distance numbers: 1-733-802-1901
- International numbers: 011441902
- Administrators who need a more comprehensive understanding of the Cisco Unified Communications
- Administrators, engineers, network architects, and integrators with overall responsibility for Cisco Unified Communications networks
- Advanced CUCM architecture and terminology
- How the CUCM Service and Platform GUIs and CLI work
- Activate, start, and stop CUCM services
- Configure base CUCM components, such as date time groups, device pools, and Call Manager groups
- Build a dial plan including route patterns, route lists, and route groups supporting both the NANP and dialing in Europe
- Deploy line/device Class of Service using partitions and calling search spaces and translation patterns for call blocking
- Use local route groups and global transformations to simplify your dial plan
- Build a dial plan supporting multiple sites with overlapping extensions
- Investigate globalization and the challenges of the NANP
- Configure advanced Class of Service capabilities such as time of day routing, client matter codes, and forced access codes
- Hunt lists and their configuration
- Use bandwidth management and call admission control tools to control calls between sites
- CUCM mobility features: extension mobility, device mobility, and unified mobility (single number reach)
- Configure presence and BLF
- Set up media resources to use for MOH and conferencing
1. Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- Deployment and Redundancy Options
- Advanced Administration Options: CLI, OS, and Services
- Managing Services and Initial Configuration
- Configuring System Parameters
- Issues in Multisite Deployments
- Call Routing Components
- SIP Trunks
- Calling Privileges and Restrictions
- Digit Manipulation
- Gateway Selection and PSTN Access Features
- Local Route Groups and Global Transformations
- Configuring Codec Use
- Implementing Call Admission Control
5. CUCM Mobility
- Implementing Device Mobility
- Implementing Extension Mobility
- Implementing Cisco Unified Mobility: Single Number Reach
7. Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing (CUWL)
- Managing User Accounts in CUCM using LDAP
Our investment in Enhanced and Exclusive labs means you get the experience you need using current software and hardware. No other training company offers a unique, real-world lab solution like ours.
In our lab descriptions, an Enhanced lab contains a significant addition to the standard labs and may or may not be offered by other providers, while an Exclusive lab contains material that is not offered by any other provider.
Lab 1: Topology and Deployment
Lab 2: Platform Administration
Lab 3: CUCM Initial Setup
Lab 4: Enhanced - HQ Common Configuration
Lab 5: Enhanced - Branch Common Configuration
Lab 6: Exclusive - IP Phone and IP Communicator Phone Load
Lab 7: Gateway Lab: SIP Trunks
Lab 8: Exclusive - Dial Plan Lab: Outgoing to PSTN via SIP Trunks
Lab 9: Exclusive - Variable-Length On-Net Dial Plan, Part 1
Lab 10: Exclusive - Line/Device: Geographic Routing
Lab 11: Exclusive - Class of Service: Line/Device Approach
Lab 12: Class of Service: Additional Applications
Lab 13: Digit Manipulation Using Global Transformations
Lab 14: TEHO
Lab 15: Variable-Length On-Net Dial Plan, Part 2
Lab 16: Multisite: Regions
Lab 17: Multisite: Locations
Lab 18: Enhanced - Automated Alternate Routing
Lab 19: Enhanced - Device Mobility
Lab 20: Extension Mobility
Lab 21: Unified Mobility (Single Number Reach)
Lab 22: Presence Within the Cluster
Lab 23: Hunt Lists and Call Coverage
Lab 24: Implementing Media Resources
Lab 25: Enhanced - LDAP: Users
Lab 26: E.164 and globalization (Optional)
- Prerequisites & Certificates
For this advanced administrative course, you should have experience performing basic CUCM administrative tasks, including IP Phone moves, adds, and changes, and you should have had exposure to the CUCM Administrative GUI. No understanding of router configuration is required. Courses that provide the required background: ACUCW1 - Administering Cisco Unified Communications Workspace Part 1: Basic v8.0
34 Cisco Learning Credits
- Cancellation Policy
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted.
Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 4625 times.