This course teaches you the core skills for using Visio, particularly the concepts of stencils. Once these are learned you will move on to creating four of the most common types of diagrams: maps, flow charts, organization charts, and floor plans.
- Course Outline
This course teaches you the core skills for using Visio, particularly the concepts of stencils. Once these are learned you will move on to creating four of the most common types of diagrams: maps, flow charts, organization charts, and floor plans. Finally you'll add the grace notes needed before printing, such as logos and clip art.
Detailed List of Topics
An Overview of Visio
Templates and Documents
Elements of the Visio Window
Scrolling and Zooming
Using the Pan & Zoom Window
Anchor and Autohide
Basic Skills: Creating a Directional Map
Using Stencils and Finding Shapes
Using the Stamp Tool (2007)
Adding Text, Stand-alone and to Shapes
Rotating Text Separately
Formatting Shape Text
Changing the Stacking Order
Add Clip Art
Add Other Pictures
Basic Diagram Skills
Aligning & Distributing Shapes
Changing Line Styles
Text and Fill Colors
Adding Patterns & Drop Shadows
Using Extra Connectors
Using Borders and Titles
Adding and Editing Backgrounds
Applying Color Schemes
Adding & Arranging Subordinate Shapes
Adding Multiple Shapes
Editing Custom Properties
Adding a Custom Property
Organization Chart Data Wizard
Creating an Organization Chart from Data
Navigating a Multi-Page Organization Chart
Breaking Down an Organization Chart
Navigating Linked Pages
Creating an Office Layout
Drawing to Scale
Adding Doors and Windows
Resetting the Ruler Zero Point
Design Your Office
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Knowledge of Windows Introduction topics and ability to use keyboard and mouse is required.
Participants receive with this course: * courseware (notes on all topics covered, along with exercises used during course). * a certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2918 times.