This course provides an in-depth knowledge of the IP multicast building blocks that make this new IP service deployable & attractive from a business perspective.
- Course Outline
This course provides students with in-depth knowledge of the IP multicast building blocks that make this new IP service deployable and attractive from a business perspective. Bandwidth and processing power are wasted when data is replicated and sent from a source to potential receivers multiple times. With IP multicast and a sophisticated group of protocols, the information is delivered with minimal impact on bandwidth and processor load. This IP service ensures simultaneous information delivery only to the people and the machines that require the information. It is suggested that candidates have CCNA Certification or equivalent work experience prior to enrollment. It is also strongly recommended that candidates have successfully completed BSCI. This course is for pre- and post-sales technical engineers responsible for designing, implementing, and/or troubleshooting basic IP multicast enabled networks within a single domain.
Audience This course is targeted at pre- and post-sales technical engineers responsible for designing, implementing, and/or troubleshooting basic IP multicast enabled networks within a single domain.
Individuals pursuing CCIP Certification or advanced routing and switching knowledge.
System Engineers, Channel Partners, and Customers.
Skills taught This course covers:
- How to determine the need for IP multicasting services and analyze implementation requirements.
- Various types of multicast applications and requirements.
- IP multicast conceptual model and implementation.
- Impact of multicast technologies on the data link layer.
- Principles and operation details of PIM Dense Mode.
- Roles of various PIM DM control packets.
- Deficiencies of PIM DM.
- How to configure and troubleshoot Cisco routers for PIM Dense Mode.
- Principles and operation details of PIM Sparse Mode.
- Roles of various PIM Sparse Mode control packets.
- How to configure and troubleshoot Cisco routers for PIM Sparse Mode.
- Variants of PIM Sparse Mode (bi-directional PIM and source-specific multicast).
- Reliability and application challenges presented by the basic IP multicast model.
Course outline - IP Multicast Technology
- PIM Dense Mode Protocol, Configuration, Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Sparse Mode Multicast Protocols, Configuration,Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Reliable IP Multicasting, Configuration, Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Implementation, Monitoring and Troubleshooting of IP Multicast on Data Link Layer
- Simple Intradomain Deployment of IP Multicasts
- Prerequisites & Certificates
CCNA Certification or equivalent work experience strongly recommended. BSCI recommended.
- Cancellation Policy
Public Schedule - Instructor Led Training:
Cancellation notice of 10 (ten) business days is required to cancel a course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 10 (ten) business days prior to the start of the course or non-attendance will result in a charge of 100% of the course cost.
Group (Dedicated) Training: Cancellation notice of 15 (fifteen) days is required to cancel a private course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 15 (fifteen) days will result in a charge of 100% of the private training cost.
Substitutions of enrolled students in scheduled classes are permitted prior to the class start on the first day. ARP's choice of instructor for any course is subject to change.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1408 times.