What can be damaging to a person's career are those things they aren't aware of, the social gaffes they aren't even aware of making, such as e-mail and telephone etiquette. This course teaches the basic of business etiquette, from dressing to dining.
- Course Outline
Fear of embarrassment from doing or saying the wrong thing is one of the most common sources of stress in a business or professional setting. Many people have had some awkward moments where they aren't sure which fork to use or which side plate is theirs, or they have had to make small talk with some VIP and been lost for words. However, what can be even more damaging to a person's career are those things they aren't aware of, the social gaffes they aren't even aware of making, such as email and telephone etiquette.
You will Learn
- The elements of a good handshake
- How to manage business cards
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Tips on remembering names
- Ways to make a good first impression
- The basics of dining etiquette
- How to communicate properly and politely
Introduction and Course Overview You will spend the first part of the day getting to know other participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
Fear of Embarrassment Fear of embarrassment from doing or saying the wrong thing is one of the most common sources of stress in a business or professional setting. We will look at some of the causes of embarrassment and some solutions.
Test Your Business Etiquette As a pre-assignment, participants were asked to complete a quiz on etiquette. During this session, you will review our suggested answers; be prepared for some debate!
The Handshake During the important first few minutes of a new relationship, a handshake is usually the only body contact between two people. We will discuss and demonstrate the five factors of a good handshake.
Business Card Etiquette The exchange of business cards is a common ritual when meeting a new person. We will discuss some things to keep in mind when giving and receiving business cards.
The Skill of Making Small Talk Being able to small-talk successfully is one of the most crucial skills a businessperson can develop, but it's also one of the hardest. We'll discuss some basic do's and don'ts of small talk.
Do You Remember Names? There are four keys to remembering names. We will discuss and practice each of them.
Making that Great First Impression During this session, we will discuss some ways that participants can make sure their first impression is perfect.
Dress for Success It's always difficult to know just how to dress, particularly if you're meeting new people. We will cover some basic guidelines and the details of particular dress codes. We'll also talk about what the color of your clothes says to others.
Business Dining This session will focus on the do's and don'ts of business lunches.
E-mail and Telephone Etiquette How a businessperson presents themselves over the phone and via e-mail is just as important as their in-person impression. We'll discuss some key points of telephone and e-mail manners in both a small group and a large group setting.
Workshop Wrap-Up At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 1357 times.