A comprehensive workshop for anyone who comes into contact with the day-to-day functions of the company's books and financial routines
- Course Outline
A comprehensive workshop for anyone who comes into contact with the day-to-day functions of the company's books and financial routines. You need to attend if:
- You come into contact with any bookkeeping or accounting tasks.
- You are an entry-level person needing to expand your knowledge and skills for a better employment future.
- You are a business owner, manager or entrepreneur who manages the day-to-day activities of your business.
- Learn and understand the theory of accepted bookkeeping & accounting principles!
- Participate in exercises that will give you the necessary skills to perform proper bookkeeping & accounting functions!
- Learn some of the key Tricks-of-the-Trade that will make you look like an expert!
- Learn trade secrets which are rarely documented such as keeping multiple sets of books - legally!
Course Summary: Day 1
- Purpose of bookkeeping
- Accounting cycle
- The fundamental accounting equation
- Accounting principles and concepts
- Double entry bookkeeping (Debits and Credits)
- The Journal
- General Ledger
- Trial Balance
- Journal entries
- Adjusting entries
- Summary journals
- Control Accounts and Subsidiary Ledgers
- Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Year-end considerations
- Purpose of Financial Accounting
- Financial Statements
- Petty Cash
- Cash & internal controls
- Proper banking techniques
- Capital Assets
- Long Term Liability (current portion)
- Income Tax
- Preparing for year-end
- Budgets and Planning
- Cash Budget
- Capital Budget
- Accounting Department Benchmarks
- Variance analysis (Y/Y-Budget)
- Cost analysis
- Payables ( Terms - cash flow, Discounts)
- Receivables (Terms - cash flow)
- Purchasing (PO System)
- Fixed Assets
- Risk (insurance)
- Credit Limits - customers
- Offsite/disaster recovery
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
A full 5 business days notice is required to change or cancel any course date.
Once payment has been received, a credit will be held in your account if we have received sufficient notice of your cancellation or date change (we do not provide refunds). If insufficient notice is received, the entire fee or Tickets for that course date will be charged.
There is no charge for substitutions. If you cannot attend your course and cannot provide the 3 business days notice, you can send someone else in your place with no penalty.
If you cannot provide 5 business days notice of cancellation, you may take the course at a later date at no further charge with the following conditions.
1. You must take the course within 6 months of the original course date (no exceptions). After that time, the full course fee will be charged again.
2. Registration is on a stand-by basis only. If the course date you select becomes fully booked you will be asked to choose another date, which must be within 6 months of the original course date.
3. If you need to change or cancel your free re-take course, we must receive a full 5 business days notice of the change. If insufficient notice is received, this offer no longer applies and the full course fee will be charged again, should you choose to book another date.
4. This course is not transferable to another person. It must be taken by the same person who was scheduled for the original course.
5. This offer applies to the same course only (same software program, same course level and the same software version as was originally booked).
- Map & Reviews
Excel Training Toronto
[ View Provider's Profile ]
We have not received any reviews specific to this course as yet, however here are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 2005 times.