Through lectures and case studies the course participants will gain detailed knowledge in GSM/ UMTS Signaling in the Core Network, all signaling flows, method of analyzing traces, and gain confidence in troubleshooting.
- Course Outline
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
• Design or improve MTP-3 based routing in an SS7 network and global ttle based routingDescription Telecommunications engineers need a clear understanding of the signaling details that evolved in the Network Switching Subsystem (NSS) of GSM/UMTS with relation to SS7, including the layers such as MTP3, SCCP layer, and MAP layer. The participants will become familiar with ISUP protocol inter-working with GSM MAP protocols over traditional TDM (T1) and IP (SIGTRAN). They need analysis of signaling flows, and debugging and troubleshooting of GSM/UMTS Signaling so that they can make practical usage of SS7 in GSM/ UMTS. Through lectures and case studies the course participants will gain detailed knowledge in GSM/ UMTS Signaling in the Core Network, all signaling flows, method of analyzing traces, and gain confidence in troubleshooting.
• Implement effective routings in SS7 MTP3 level and in SCCP-GT level
• Perform new routines in operations & maintenance which includes ability to analyze SS7 traces, SIGTRAN traces and GSM-MAP traces, to
help improve the time in resolving network issues.
• Troubleshoot an end-to-end signaling in GSM network switching sub-system as well as Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) related signaling
• Integrate the components in WCDMA core network having understood the evolution of WCDMA core network as well as its interfaces
and protocols (Release 4)
• Analyze SS7-ISUP traces, its routing related to GSM/ UMTS and signaling transport SIGTRAN traces
• Build expertise in Mobile Application Part Protocol (MAP)
• Apply the fundamentals of Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
Objective To provide participants the details of the Network Switching Subsystem of GSM/ UMTS in relation to SS7.
Who Should Attend?
Engineers and managers responsible for the implementation, integration, planning, operations, maintenance and support of the GSM NSS/ UMTS networkProgram Outline
• Registration and Coffee
• Welcome, Introduction, Course Preview, Learning Outcomes and the Assessment Method
• Signaling System No. 7 - Overview
• Understand MTP1, MTP2 and MTP3 Layers
• SS7 Routing and STP Application
• Introduction to ISUP Signaling
• Case Studies: MTP Routing
• Case Studies: ISUP Protocol
• Overview of Day 1 and Preview of Day 2
• Fundamentals of SCCP Routing
• GT Analysis
• Case Studies in SCCP
• Case Studies: Network Service Part
• Overview of GSM Network/ Components
• GSM Service Flow Analysis
• Overview of Day 1 and 2 and Preview of Day 3
• Analyzing TCAP Layer
• GSM MAP Signaling
• Case Studies: BSSAP
• Case Studies: MAP Protocol Fallback
• Case Studies: SCCP User Info
• Introduction to SIP Protocol
• Overview of Day 1-3 and Preview of Day 4
• Evolution of UMTS
• Comparing W-CDMA to GSM/ GPRS
• Introduction to W-CDMA Interfaces and Protocols
• UMTS Signaling Flow: CS Domain
• UMTS Signaling Flow: PS Domain
• Case Studies: SIP Protocol
• Overview of Day 1-4 and Preview of Day 5
• Overview of SIGTRAN Network
• Introduction to SCTP Protocols
• M3UA Protocols and Applications
• Case Studies: SCTP Protocol
• Case Studies: M3UA Protocol
• Questions and Answers – Feedback to Participants on Achievement of Learning Outcomes
• Concluding Remarks and Final Adjournment
There will be a one-hour lunch break each day in addition to a refreshment and networking break during each morning and afternoon session.Faculty
8:00 Registration and coffee (Day 1 only)
8:30 Session begins
Frederick R. Macahis holds a graduate degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering (Silver Medalist) from MAPUA Institute of Technology of the Philippines. He was a recipient of Academic Scholarship by FUJITSU Philippines Inc. He has gained Mobile Communications expertise for 12 years and has provided training for 7 years. He delivered successful technical trainings in Core Network for Mobile CDMA/ GSM/ UMTS Operators of Russia, India, China, Philippines, Singapore, Egypt and many other countries. He worked as Integration Manager for WANA-Morocco (INWI Morocco), Core Test Manager for Alcatel-Lucent France; Technical Trainer in ZTE China; Switching Engineer in Fujitsu Telecom Systems Philippines; VoIP Engineer at an ITSP in Montreal, Canada.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
A basic knowledge of Mobile Communication/ PSTN will be required.
3 CEU / 30 PDH
- Cancellation Policy
To withdraw from a course, you must send a request, in writing, with the official receipt to our office. Fifteen or more business days in advance: full refund less $50.00 administration charge. Five to fifteen business days in advance: non-refundable credit of equal value for any future EPIC seminar within one year. Credits are transferable within your organization. In case of an unexpected event occurring after this time, you may send someone else to take your place without any additional cost.
- Map & Reviews
EPIC Educational Program Innovations Center
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 577 times.