The Advanced TelePresence Video Solutions Part 1 course is designed to empower the partner with the capacity to install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot a Cisco TelePresence network so that 80% of all field activity is unassisted.
- Course Outline
Installation and support engineers installing, maintaining and troubleshooting the Cisco TelePresence solutions.Skills taught
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Locate support documentation, install, operate, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Cisco TelePresence Codec C90
- Describe Call Control protocols, install, configure basic registration capabilites, and troubleshoot Cisco TelePresence Video Communications Server (VCS)
- Locate support documentation, install, operate, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot the Cisco TelePresence MCU range
- Install, operate, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot the Cisco TelePresence Management Suite (TMS)
Implementing Advanced TelePresence Video Solutions Part 1 (IATVS1)
Module 1: Endpoints This module provides the student with the knowledge and skills to install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot Cisco TelePresence Codec C90 so that 80% of all field activity is unassisted.
Lesson 1: C Series Operation
- Use remote control and navigate the menus
- Configure the settings on codec
- Make and receive calls
- Change the video source for the local, dual video and remote cameras.
- Share presentations
- Use the Phone Book to store contacts and search on contacts
- Multisite calling and list the multipoint capabilities of each system type
Lesson 2: C Series Documentation
- Administration guide
- White papers
- Fault finding guides
- Installation guides
- Knowledge base
Lesson 3: C Series Installation
- Codec C90 Interface
- Video Input Matrix
- Camera Setup
- Audio and Video cabling
Lesson 4: C Series Configuration
- Menu System
- Configuration using the Browser
- Accessing the API
- Using the Internal Multipoint System
Lesson 5: C Series Maintenance
- Web Release Key Generator
- System Upgrade
Lesson 6: C Series Troubleshooting
- How to Troubleshoot
- Collect System Configuration, Status and Settings
- Backup Configuration and Default Setting
- TCP DUMP Method to Collect the Log Files
Module 2: Call Control Upon completing this module, the student will be able to understand Call Control protocols, install, configure basic registrations and troubleshoot Cisco TelePresence Video Communications Server (VCS).
Lesson 1: Registration Protocols and VCS Installation
- H.323 Registration
- SIP Registration
- Basic configuration
- Setting up the VCS from the box
Lesson 2: VCS Basic Configuration
- Deployment Guide
Lesson 3: Backup, Restore and Upgrade
- Backup and restore
Lesson 4: Troubleshooting
- Call History
Module 3: MCU Upon completing this module, the student will be able to setup the Cisco TelePresence Multipoint Control Unit (MCU).
Lesson 1: MCU Setup
- Cable up and configure the basic network connectivity via RS232
- Identify the power light and LAN port light and know the implications of the lights being off.
- Access relevant documentation from the TANDBERG web site including:
- Specification Sheets
- Printable Online Help
- Getting Started Guide
Lesson 2: MCU Configuration
- Basic IP Configuration
- MCU Registration with H.323
- Prefix for MCU Registrations and MCU Service Prefix
- MCU Registration with SIP
Lesson 3: MCU Operations
- Create conferences from the MCU and an endpoint
- Change conference layouts from the MCU and an endpoint
- Move participants between conferences
- Use the message facility
- View endpoint statistics
Lesson 4: MCU Customization
- Auto Attendants
- Adding Endpoints to the MCU
- Adding Users to the MCU
Lesson 5: MCU Global Conference Settings
- Locating Help on the MCU
- Global Conference Settings
Lesson 6: MCU Upgrades and Backups
- Upgrade the 4500 MCU when provided with access to the software and fully test the system
- Access the TANDBERG web site to download software
- Perform a software upgrade using the web interface
- Describe where to find instructions to upgrade using the flash disk
- Perform a backup and restore of the MCUs configuration using ftp
- Recall the reset configuration and reset password instructions and commands
Lesson 7: MCU Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Techniques
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Troubleshooting Hardware Issues
- Troubleshooting Endpoints
- Troubleshooting Event Logs
Module 4: Management This module provides the student with the knowledge and skills to install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot Cisco TelePresence Management Suite (TMS).
Lesson 1: Operation
- TMS Management Features
- Prerequisites & Certificates
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows: * Completed and passed the PATVSEE exam * Completed and passed the PATVSEA exam
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Public Schedule - Instructor Led Training:
Cancellation notice of 10 (ten) business days is required to cancel a course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 10 (ten) business days prior to the start of the course or non-attendance will result in a charge of 100% of the course cost.
Group (Dedicated) Training: Cancellation notice of 15 (fifteen) days is required to cancel a private course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 15 (fifteen) days will result in a charge of 100% of the private training cost.
Substitutions of enrolled students in scheduled classes are permitted prior to the class start on the first day. ARP's choice of instructor for any course is subject to change.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 923 times.