This course introduces the principles of energy management and will take you step by step through the process of developing and energy management plan to achieve more efficient energy consumption and lower total operating costs.
- Course Outline
After participating in this course you will be able to:
• recognize and understand the energy management process and all components of a comprehensive energy management plan/program
• implement an effective and successful planning strategy for energy conservation and efficiency
• apply available tools to gain competitive advantage by seizing external and internal opportunities so as to improve the efficiency of
• determine through assessment techniques the energy management matrix that will allow you to set goals and energy targets
• transform your buildings/facilities into sustainable and optimal energy performers
Description Energy management in buildings is the control of energy use and cost while maintaining indoor environmental conditions to meet comfort and functional needs, significant energy and dollars savings are available through energy management. The most important single ingredient for successful implementation of an energy management program is the plan.
This course introduces the principles of energy management and will take you step by step through the process of developing and energy management plan to achieve more efficient energy consumption and lower total operating costs. The instructor will show how to incorporate and develop a fully integrated energy plan. This approach can be equable valuable for both to large multi-facility organizations, as well as to small, single-owner operations with just few employees.
Objective To provide participants with the knowledge to meet the requirement for an energy management plan for commercial and institutional and industrial buildings and the tools associated in the process for development, quality control and implementation.
Who Should Attend
Energy engineers, energy managers, engineers, plant managers, commissioning engineers, building/facility managers, engineers and architectural consultants , project managers, operating and maintenance personnel and other individuals interested and involved in energy efficiency and conservation of commercial and institutional buildings.
Instructor: Juan Orozco P. Eng, CEM, LEED® AP
Registration and Coffee
Welcome, Introduction, Workshop Preview, Learning Outcomes and the Assessment Method
• The need and value of energy management
• The energy management profession and principles
• The energy management process
• Energy management organizational structure
Organizing for Energy Management
• Energy policy
• Educational planning
• Strategic planning
• Energy managers and functions
• Energy management communications
• Energy management committee
• Energy management matrix
Energy Management Plan
• Long, medium and first-year plan
• Setting targets and measures
• Setting priorities
• Developing action plan
• Marketing, awareness and communication plan
• Training resources
• Reporting and monitoring
Energy Accounting Systems
• Energy accounting process
• Utility rates
Analyzing Energy Data
• Electrical, natural gas and water use profile
• Key performance indicators(energy use and cost utilization indices)
• Calculating electrical load and occupancy factors
• Benchmarking energy use
• Energy monitoring program
• Energy forecasting
Surveys and Energy Auditing
• Energy audits and basic components
• Surveying energy uses and losses
• Commercial and industrial energy audits
• Buildings commissioning is not an audit
• Commissioning , re-commissioning and retro-commissioning for energy management
• Implementing the audit recommendations and the energy action plan
Improving Operations and Basic Energy Management
• Control energy system use
• Energy procurement (purchase lower-cost energy)
• Optimize energy systems operation
• Purchase efficient replacement systems
• Optimizing more complex systems operations
• Load management and demand control techniques
Energy Conservation Opportunities
• Identifying and evaluating energy conservation opportunities
• ECO in boilers, cogenerations, steam and condensate systems, waste-heat recovery, building envelope, HVAC systems
Electric Energy Management
Energy Management Control Systems
Energy Management for Lighting Systems
Codes, Standard and Legislation
Implementing Energy Conservation Measures
Measurement and Verification of Energy Savings
Metering for Energy Management
Evaluating Success and Establishing New Goals
• Establish key performance indicators
• Tracking performance
• Developing new goals
Sustainability and High Performance Green Buildings
• LEED principles for energy management
Case Studies, Approaches, Experiences and Resources
• Prepare in small groups under instructor guidance an energy management plan for a building. The plans prepared by groups will be discussed and critiqued.
Questions and Answers and Feedback to Participants on Achievement of Learning Outcomes
8:00 Registration and Coffee (Day I only)
8:30 Session begins
There will be a one-hour lunch break each day in addition to refreshment and networking breaks during the morning and afternoon. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
1.2 CEU / 12 PDH
- Cancellation Policy
To withdraw from a course, you must send a request, in writing, with the official receipt to our office. Fifteen or more business days in advance: full refund less $50.00 administration charge. Five to fifteen business days in advance: non-refundable credit of equal value for any future EPIC seminar within one year. Credits are transferable within your organization. In case of an unexpected event occurring after this time, you may send someone else to take your place without any additional cost.
- Map & Reviews
EPIC Educational Program Innovations Center
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 311 times.