In this course you will learn how to: Migrate an XHTML website to HTML5; Enrich semantic content with the new HTML5 elements and attributes; Enhance user interaction using standard HTML5 markup; Control audio and video without Flash.
- Course Start Date: Oct. 9
- Location: Ottawa
- Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (Note on end times)
- Duration: 1 Day
on the number or students and pace of the class.
It is important to allow for the class to run a little bit longer,
or finish a little sooner, than expected.
- Delivery Method(s):Instructor Led
- Discount Seats Available:2
- Category:HTML Training Classes
that provides you with the quality training that
you have come to expect, and combines it with
flexible learning and a self paced environment.
For more information click here.
- Course Outline
In this course you will learn how to: Migrate an XHTML website to HTML5;
Enrich semantic content with the new HTML5 elements and attributes;
Enhance user interaction using standard HTML5 markup; Control audio and
video without Flash.
- Why Use HTML5?
- Plain old semantic markup
- HTML5 and mobile Web development
- Adoption: HTML5 is everywhere
- The Document Metadata Container
- The document type declaration
- The root element
- Document metadata
- MIME type requirements and defaults
- Sectioning Content
- What is sectioning content?
- Outlining with sectioning elements
- Understanding the <section>, <article>, <nav>, <aside>, <footer> and <address> elements
- Other sectioning content elements
- Grouping Content
- Understanding the <main> element
- Using the <figure> and <figcaption> elements
- Other grouping content elements
- Text-level Content
- Changes to the <em> and <strong> elements
- How to use the <i> and <b> elements
- Replacing <acronym> with <abbr>
- Understanding the <small>, <time> and <mark> elements
- Other text-level elements
- Embedded Content
- Adding sound with the <audio> element
- Specify alternate media using <source>
- Adding visual media with <video>
- Adding syncronized captions using <track>
- Other embedded content elements
- Form Content Elements
- The new <input> type attribute values
- Enhancing the interface using <datalist>
- Using the new <output> element
- Understanding the <meter> element
- Interactive Elements
- Creating a disclosure widget with <details> and <summary>
- Applying the "open" attribute
- Other interactive elements
- Enabling HTML5
- Using Modernizr and the HTML5 Shiv
- HTML5 fallbacks and cross-browser polyfills
- HTML5 validatio
- Why Use HTML5?
- Prerequisites & Certificates
EWHT101 - HTML/XHTML or equivalent is mandatory
Certificate of Completion
- Cancellation Policy
Eliquo Training and Development Inc. will make every attempt to be flexible in regards to class cancellations and rescheduling. In an attempt to make sure that everyone enjoys a consistent training experience, Eliquo offers the following cancellation policy:
Any student cancellation that occurs a minimum of six (6) business days prior to a scheduled class is eligible for a full class credit or a 100% refund on the cost of the class.
Due to scheduling logistics, if you cancel or re-schedule a registration within five (5) business days of the course date, payment is due in full at that time and will be held as a credit towards a re-scheduled date or a future course booking. Course credits are valid for 12 months from the date of the original class booking.
All cancellations and rescheduling must be in writing and sent either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 647.258.9319. Verbal communication of a cancellation will not meet our refund requirements.
In the event that a class is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, your full registration fee will be refunded or you can reserve a seat in the next available class. You will be notified of a class cancellation at least five (5) business days in advance of the scheduled class.
Eliquo Training and Development Inc. reserves the right to postpone or cancel a class at any time, in which case the refund and rescheduling policy would apply. Eliquo Training and Development Inc. is not liable for any travel expenses incurred by the student, even in the event of a cancellation.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
185 Somerset St West.
Canada K2P 0J2
Registration is fast, and will take approximately 3 minutes. There is no membership fee.
» You are also welcome to Make an Offer
In either case, our Make an Offer feature gives you the opportunity to name
your own price. Try it out, you might get lucky, just keep in mind it can
take up to 1 full business day to get a response!
This course is also scheduled on the following dates:
Not interested in this Course?
Tell us why:
This page has been viewed 86 times.