The CCVP Boot Camp is split into three one week classes designed to provide the student with adequate knowledge needed to pass the five certification tests required for CCVP Certification.
- Course Outline
CCVP Certification is a new certification focusing on Voice Over IP technologies. The CCVP Boot Camp is split into three one week classes designed to provide the student with adequate knowledge needed to pass the five certification tests required for CCVP Certification. Week three focuses on QoS and TVOICE. Students will be provided with in-depth knowledge of IP QoS requirements, conceptual models, and implementation of IP QoS on Cisco IOS switch and router platforms. Theory of IP QoS, design issues, and configuration of QoS mechanisms will also be covered. Students will be equipped with knowledge and skills required to troubleshoot Unified Communications Systems/solutions. We will also focus on troubleshooting methodology, triage, resources, tools, and fixes. Due to the intense format of this boot camp style course (10 days of study compressed into 5), it is strongly recommended that students have CCNA Voice Certification. It is strongly recommended that candidates complete CCVP1 and CCVP2 prior to taking CCVP3 to maximize your training experience. Major issues will be covered in the curriculum; it is expected that students will self study minor issues. This course is for network technicians responsible for VoIP networks.
Please note that this course can be taken as part of the 15 day Cisco Certified Voice Professional Boot Camp (CCVP). Please note that although the course content is categorized as intermediate, the learning tempo/rate of delivery of the course is advanced. Therefore, we recommend that candidates have a solid theoretical foundation as well as considerable practical experience when considering boot camp enrollment.
Anyone pursuing CCVP Certification. Students who have attended ICND1, ICND2, CCNA, DESGN, IIUC, IIUC2, CVOICE, CIPT1, or CIPT2, and wish to further their expertise. Anyone administering or troubleshooting a Cisco VoIP network.
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Given a converged network, explain the need to implement QoS and explain methods for implementing and managing QoS
- Given a converged network, identify and describe different models used for ensuring QoS in a network and explain key IP QoS mechanisms used to implement the models
- Given a converged network, explain the use of MQC and AutoQoS to implement QoS on the network
- Given a converged network and a policy defining QoS requirements, successfully classify and mark network traffic to implement the policy
- Given a congested network, use Cisco QoS queuing mechanisms to manage network congestion
- Given a converged network, use Cisco QoS congestion avoidance mechanisms to reduce the effects of congestion on the network
- Given a network, use Cisco QoS traffic policing and traffic shaping mechanisms to effectively limit the rate of network traffic
The student will be able to troubleshoot Unified Communications Systems / Solutions and components / products by:
- identifying and isolating problems
- recommending solutions
- implementing fixes
- Module 1: Introduction to IP QoS
- Module 2: The Building Blocks of IP QoS
- Module 3: Introduction to Modular QoS CLI and Auto-QoS
- Module 4: Classification and Marking
- Module 5: Congestion Management
- Module 6: Congestion Avoidance
- Module 7: Traffic Policing and Shaping
- Module 8: Link Efficiency Mechanisms
- Module 9: QoS Best Practices
- Troubleshooting Methodology
- Analyzing and Isolating Problems
- Common Unified Communications Problems Symptoms
- Fixing Problems
- Services, Resources, and Tools for Troubleshooting
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Suggested: CCNA CCVP1 CCVP2
- Cancellation Policy
Public Schedule - Instructor Led Training:
Cancellation notice of 10 (ten) business days is required to cancel a course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 10 (ten) business days prior to the start of the course or non-attendance will result in a charge of 100% of the course cost.
Group (Dedicated) Training: Cancellation notice of 15 (fifteen) days is required to cancel a private course without penalty. Cancellation of less than 15 (fifteen) days will result in a charge of 100% of the private training cost.
Substitutions of enrolled students in scheduled classes are permitted prior to the class start on the first day. ARP's choice of instructor for any course is subject to change.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 470 times.