This program is offered over a 2-day period & includes approximately 14 hours of student-instructor interaction; a 1-hour 40 multiple choice certification exam on the afternoon of the third day. The course is taught by experienced instructors...
- Course Outline
The COBIT Foundation Certificate program is intended to enable the course participants to apply the COBIT Governance Framework guidelines to their IT Service Management programs.
This program is offered over a 2-day period and includes approximately 14 hours of student-instructor interaction; a 1-hour 40 multiple choice certification exam on the morning of the third day from 10am-11am.
The course is taught by experienced instructors who bring real ITSM life experiences into the classroom, the delivery approach combines theoretical and hands-on knowledge transfer, including exercises.
Audience The target group for this program is:
* Individuals who require an understanding of COBIT Governance framework, associated processes and how it may be used to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization.
* IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITSM as its standard to managing IT Services
* This may include but is not limited to, IT professionals, business managers and business process owners.
Content and Objectives
Through a series of lectures designed at achieving a clear understanding of the COBIT Governance and through various exercises, assignments and discussions, participants will gain the necessary knowledge enabling them to discover and better understand:
* How IT management issues are affecting organizations
* The need for a control framework driven by the need for IT Governance
* How COBIT meets the requirement for an IT Governance Framework
* How COBIT is used with other standards and best practices
* The functions that COBIT provides and the benefits of using COBIT
* The COBIT Framework and all the components of COBIT (Control Objectives, Control Practices, Management Guidelines, Assurance Guidelines)
* How to apply COBIT in a practical situation
* How the use of COBIT is supported by the ITGI (IT Governance Institute)
The Course Content addresses the following:
* Need for an IT control framework and how this is addressed by COBIT
* The elements of the COBIT Framework with practical examples
* IT governance issues and how COBIT addresses the need for sound IT governance practices
* The components of the COBIT Framework
* How to apply COBIT in practice
1. Introduction to COBIT
* Positioning of COBIT from control objectives to IT governance
* Governance concepts and IT issues and how COBIT is useful in these matters
2. The need for control and a control framework
* What is the business risk?
* Achieving business objectives
* Defining what is control
* How to control and manage IT processes
* The benefits of using COBIT to support control and governance of IT
3. Introduction to COBIT Terminology
* COBIT as an IT Framework
* The Information Criteria
* Information Resources
* The Domains
* The IT Processes
* The Control Objectives
* The Management Guidelines
* The Audit Guidelines
4. Applying COBIT in practice
5. Introduction to Implementation Tools
The program includes the following program material:
* Instructor presentation
* COBIT 4.1 material
* Quiz questions
* Acronyms and glossary
- Prerequisites & Certificates
There are no formal prerequisites for this program. However, it is recommended that course participants possess: * General knowledge of ITSM best practices. Can be fulfilled by attending course ITIL Foundation Certification Version 3 (includes exam) * 2 to 4 years professional experience working in IT Service Management environment
- Cancellation Policy
10 business day cancellation policy. if the course is confirmed and the student cancels within 10 days of the course, then they get charged and apply a credit for future courses. If they cancel outside of 10 business days, then there are no charges at all.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 3599 times.