This course goes beyond the traditional project management class by first exposing the students to a rigorous study of the successful TenStep Project Management methodology. The Students are then able to demonstrate their knowledge...
- Course Outline
The application of knowledge is a key success factor to learning. This course goes beyond the traditional project management class by first exposing the students to a rigorous study of the successful TenStep Project Management methodology. The Students are then able to demonstrate their knowledge by managing a project from beginning to end with a software-based project simulation package. This approach reinforces the concepts and principles learned for effective project management. As a result, the students are more prepared to apply the methodology to real life situations. The students are graded through a compilation of quizzes and the scores achieved at the conclusion of the project simulation.
Upon completion of this course and achieving a passing score, each student will receive the TenStep Project Manager (TSPM) certification.
- Define the various aspects of a project
- Build and maintain an appropriate project schedule and budget
- Identify and manage issues, change, communications and project risks
- Manage human resources
- Identify and manage to the appropriate level of quality
- Identify metrics to improve processes and declare success
- Apply knowledge and experience to successfully manage a simulated project
- Project managers and team members that manage and work on projects
- Managers that manage project managers and monitor project status
- Clients, customers and all stakeholders that participate on projects
- Course Outline
- Review the fundamentals
- Defining the work
- Building and managing the schedule and budget
- Managing communication, risk, and human resources
- Managing quality and metrics
- Project Simulation (1.5 days)
- Prerequisites & Certificates
Five (5) years of industry experience Three (3) years working on projects Minimum One (1) year in a leadership position on a project -OR- Current PMP Certification
Certificate of completion
- Cancellation Policy
You may cancel, at no charge, a Class enrollment at least 15 days prior to the Class start date by giving us notice. If your plans change, please cancel your enrollment as soon as possible by calling 416-927-7170. A cancellation must be done on a business day at least 15 days prior to the course start date. If canceled less than 15 days before the course, it is subject to a cancellation charge equal to the list tuition fee. If a student does not attend a Class without having canceled in accordance with these Terms, you must pay the full price for the Class.
Substitutions of enrolled students in the scheduled Classes are permitted at no charge prior to the Class start on the first day. If you are sending a substitute, please let us know to avoid no show charges.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 367 times.