A good knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
Mastering the basics of Word to create neatly formatted and professional looking documents.
- What is a word processor;
- Exploring the Word interface;
- Customizing the Ribbon;
- Customizing the Quick Access toolbar;
- Importing/Exporting customizations;
- The Backstage;
- Understanding the Word characteristics;
- Using the mouse;
- Using the keyboard;
- Using the Word help features.
- Understanding the basic components of a document;
- Entering text;
- Editing text;
- Undoing, redoing or repeating an action;
- Displaying the rulers;
- Using the Zoom features.
- Creating a new document;
- Saving a document;
- Saving and sharing files online (in the Cloud);
- Viewing multiple documents;
- Sending a document via e-mail;
- Closing a document;
- Closing the Word application.
- Controlling the movement of the insertion point;
- Selecting text;
- Moving or copying text;
- Searching and replacing text.
- Setting the proofing language;
- Using the spell and grammar tools;
- Using the thesaurus;
- Using the AutoCorrect feature;
- Translating words or sentences.
- Changing the font and character attributes;
- Changing the capitalization of text;
- Changing the space between characters;
- Quickly formatting characters.
- Aligning paragraphs;
- Adjusting the indents;
- Changing the spacing between paragraphs;
- Controlling line and page breaks;
- Working with tabs;
- Adding borders to paragraphs;
- Creating drop caps;
- Quickly formatting paragraphs.
Bulleted and Numbered Lists:
- Quickly creating a list;
- Creating a bulleted list;
- Creating a numbered list;
- Creating a multilevel list.
- Page layout parameters;Managing headers and footers;
- Adding a watermark;
- Adding page borders.
Displaying and Printing:
- Controlling the display of a document;
- Using the Print Preview feature;
- The new reading layout view;
- Printing a document.Objects:
- Using the Zoom Object feature;
- Dynamic layout and alignment guides for objects.
All registration cancellations made within five (5) working days of the date of the course are billable at 100%. Synesis reserves the right to cancel any public courses due to lack of sufficient participants.