- Microsoft Windows Server Training
- Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client (Career Pack Includes Exam Voucher and Windows 7 Ultimate Edition)
Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client (Career Pack Includes Exam Voucher and Windows 7 Ultimate Edition)
This 3-day instructor-led course is intended for IT professionals who want to expand their knowledge base & technical skills about Windows 7 Client & earn their MCTS certification. Learn how to install, upgrade, & migrate to Windows 7 client...
- Course Outline
Enhance your career with this 3-day instructor-led course intended for IT professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client and earn their MCTS certification. In this course, students learn how to install, upgrade, and migrate to Windows 7 client. Students then configure Windows 7 client for network connectivity, security, maintenance, and mobile computing. This course helps students prepare for the Exam 70-680, TS: Windows 7, Configuring. This Career Pack offer includes an Exam Voucher and a FREE copy of Windows 7 Ultimate Edition.
- Expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client.
- Acquiring deep technical knowledge of Windows 7.
- Learning the details of Windows 7 technologies.
- Focusing on the "how to" associated with Windows 7 technologies.
- Most of these professionals use some version of Windows client at their work place and are looking at new and better ways to perform some of the current functions.
- Perform a clean installation of Windows 7, upgrade to Windows 7, and migrate user-related data and settings from an earlier version of Windows.
- Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers to enable a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure file access and printers on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure wireless network connectivity on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Secure Windows 7 client desktop computers.
- Optimize and maintain the performance and reliability of a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure mobile computing and remote access settings for a Windows 7 client computer.
- Preparing to Install Windows 7
- Performing a Clean Installation of Windows 7
- Upgrading and Migrating to Windows 7
- Performing Image-based Installation of Windows 7
- Configuring Application Compatibility
- Lab : Installing and Configuring Windows 7
- Migrating Settings by using Windows Easy Transfer
- Configuring a Reference Image of Windows 7
- Configuring a Reference Image
- Describe the key features, editions, and hardware requirements of Windows 7.
- Perform a clean installation of Windows 7
- Upgrade and Migrate to Windows 7 from an earlier version of Windows.
- Perform an image-based installation of Windows 7
- Resolve common application compatibility issues.
- Partitioning Disks in Windows 7
- Managing Disk Volumes
- Maintaining Disks in Windows 7
- Installing and Configuring Device Drivers
- Lab : Configuring Disks and Device Drivers
- Configuring Disks
- Configuring Disk Quotas (Optional)
- Updating a Device Driver
- Configure disk partitions on a Windows 7 client computer
- Create and manage disk volumes
- Manage file system fragmentation and disk quotas
- Install and configure device drivers
- Overview of Authentication and Authorization
- Managing File Access in Windows 7
- Managing Shared Folders
- Configuring File Compression
- Managing Printing
- Lab : Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 7 Client Computers
- Create and Configure a Public Shared Folder for all Users
- Configuring Shared Access to Files for Specific Users
- Creating and Sharing a Printer
- Describe authentication and authorization
- Manage file access on a Windows 7 client computer
- Create and manage shared folders
- Configure file compression
- Install, configure, and administer printers
- Configuring IPv4 Network Connectivity
- Configuring IPv6 Network Connectivity
- Implementing Automatic IP Address Allocation
- Overview of Name Resolution
- Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Lab : Configuring Network Connectivity
- Configuring IPv4 Addressing
- Configuring IPv6 Addressing
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
- Configure IPv4 network connectivity.
- Configure IPv6 network connectivity.
- Implement automatic IP address allocation.
- Troubleshoot common network related issues by using the tools available in Windows 7.
- Overview of Wireless Networks
- Configuring a Wireless Network
- Lab : Configuring Wireless Network Connections
- Determining the appropriate configuration for a wireless network
- Troubleshooting Wireless Connectivity
- Describe the standards and technologies related to wireless network connections.
- Configure a wireless network connection.
- Overview of Security Management in Windows 7
- Securing a Windows 7 Client Computer by Using Local Security Policy Settings
- Securing Data by Using EFS and BitLocker
- Configuring Application Restrictions
- Configuring User Account Control
- Configuring Windows Firewall
- Configuring Security Settings in Internet Explorer 8
- Configuring Windows Defender
- Lab : Configuring UAC, Local Security Policies, EFS, and AppLocker
- Using Action Center
- Configuring Local Security Policies
- Encrypting Data
- Configuring AppLocker
- Lab : Configuring Windows Firewall, Internet Explorer 8 Security Settings, and Windows Defender
- Configuring Windows Firewall
- Configuring Internet Explorer 8 Security
- Configuring Windows Defender
- Explain the security management features of Windows 7.
- Configure local security policy settings on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Secure data by using EFS and BitLocker.
- Configure application restrictions by using AppLocker.
- Configure user account control settings.
- Configure Windows Firewall on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure security-related settings in Internet Explorer to help protect a Windows 7 client computer that is connected to the Internet.
- Configure Windows Defender to help protect a Windows 7 client computer against malicious software.
- Maintaining Performance by Using the Windows 7 Performance Tools
- Maintaining Reliability by Using the Windows 7 Diagnostic Tools
- Backing Up and Restoring Data by Using Windows Backup
- Restoring a Windows 7 System by Using System Restore Points
- Configuring Windows Update
- Lab : Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 7 Client Computers
- Monitoring System Performance
- Backing Up and Restoring Data
- Configuring System Restore Points
- Configuring Windows Update
- Maintain the performance of a Windows 7 client computer by using performance management tools.
- Maintain reliability of a Windows 7 client computer by using the diagnostic tools.
- Back up and restore data on a Windows 7 client computer by using Windows Backup.
- Restore a Windows 7 system by using system restore points.
- Configure Windows Update on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configuring Mobile Computer and Device Settings
- Configuring Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance for Remote Access
- Configuring DirectAccess for Remote Access
- Configuring BranchCache for Remote Access
- Lab : Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access in Windows 7
- Creating a Sync Partnership
- Configuring Power Options
- Enabling Remote Desktop
- Enabling BranchCache
- Configure mobile computer and device settings on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance on a Windows 7 client computer.
- Configure DirectAccess on a Windows 7 client computer for remote access.
- Configure BranchCache on a branch office Windows 7 client computer.
- Prerequisites & Certificates
* Experience installing PC hardware and devices. * Basic understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts. * Basic Windows and Active Directory knowledge. * The skills to map network file shares. * Experience working from a command prompt. * Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of applications. For example, how client computer applications communicate with the server. * Basic understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorization. * An understanding of the fundamental principles of using printers.
- Cancellation Policy
ctc TrainCanada - We Never Cancel*:
We are unique in the corporate training field in that we do not cancel desktop applications courses due to low enrollment. When there are less than 3 students, ctc TrainCanada will personalize the class (students then receive more time with the instructor to address their individual needs allowing the student to complete the full course in less time) or connect the student remotely to a class at one of our other branches via TrainLive remote classroom instruction. *Microsoft Certified Courses and other technical courses require a minimum enrollment of three students. Business Skills courses require multiple students in order to run due to the interactive nature of the training. Selected Desktop Applications courses may require a minimum enrollment of two students to run. ctc TrainCanada® reserves the right to deliver Microsoft Certified and other technical courses via TrainLive remote classroom instruction in order to guarantee the course to run.
ctc TrainCanada Cancellation policy:
You may cancel or reschedule this registration in writing with no penalty with a minimum of 10 business days' notice prior to the first day of the course. Full payment is required if you cancel or reschedule this registration within 10 business days prior to the first day of the course. However, substitutions are welcome. If you do need to cancel or reschedule a publicly scheduled course within the 10 day non-cancellation period (not a client dedicated course), payment is to be made and a training voucher for a public course will be issued to you. This allows you to attend a future date for the same course at no charge (subject to availability).
No-shows will not be issued a training voucher.
Complimentary Service: We offer all our students coffee, tea, juice or pop, muffins or pastries in the morning and cookies baked in our own oven each afternoon.
- Map & Reviews
[ View Provider's Profile ]
ReviewsHere are some reviews of the training vendor.
This course has not yet been rated by one of our members.
If you have taken a course through this vendor please log into your account and leave feedback for this vendor. You will be helping ensure our members get directed to the best training facilities.
This course currently does not have any dates scheduled. Please call 1-877-313-8881 to enquire about future dates or scheduling a private, in house course for your team.
This page has been viewed 234 times.