Workshop content presumes 300-level understanding, specifically architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop. Student should have attended or have equivalent knowledge of one of the following courses: M20532, M20533, or M20535.
Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions (M20532)
Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions (M20533)
Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions (M20535)
Students will be better able to implement device registration with the IoT Hub registry and visualize hot data with Power BI. Additionally, upon completing the course, you will be able to perform the following:
- Implement a simulator sending telemetry from smart meters
- Capture and process both hot and cold data using Stream Analytics and HDInsight with Spark
- Visualize hot data with Power BI
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Internet of Things
- Review the customer case study
- Call to action: Design a proof of concept solution
- Call to action: Present the solution
Module 2: Hackathon - Internet of Things
- Before the hackathon
- Environment setup
- IoT Hub provisioning
- Completing the Smart Meter Simulator
- Hot path data processing with Stream Analytics
- Cold path data processing with HDInsight Spark
- Reporting device outages with IoT Hub Operations Monitoring
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the â€˜Course Overview' and â€˜What You'll Learn' areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
We require 16 calendar days notice to reschedule or cancel any registration. Failure to provide the required notification will result in 100% charge of the course. If a student does not attend a scheduled course without prior notification it will result in full forfeiture of the funds and no reschedule will be allowed. Within the required notification period, only student substitutions will be permitted. Reschedules are permitted at anytime with 16 or more calendar days notice. Enrollments must be rescheduled within six months of the cancel date or funds on account will be forfeited.
your city, your province