Learn to use the Excel 2010 add-in PowerPivot to analyze large data sets.
Set up a decision-making approach.
Define the objectives of the analysis.
Clarify the main decision-making principles:
- measure, size, cube, hierarchy
Model the information and build a relationship setup:
- field, table, relationship, primary key, foreign key.
- Check the quality of the data.
- Use PowerPivot to set up relationships among the data and analyze them.
Reminders about managing lists in Excel:
- put into table form, sort, filter, insert a pivot table.
Use different data sources:
- Excel, Access, web, text files (csv, txt Â…).
- Use SQL Assistant to filter data sources.
- Prepare the data to facilitate the analysis.
- Define the relationships.
- Create pivot tables and graphs based on PowerPivot.
- Use slicers in pivot tables.
- Use advanced PowerPivot functions.
- Add calculated columns and measures.
- Use DAX (data analysis expressions) language.
Use the main DAX functions:
- Classic functions (logical, text, date).
- Filtering functions.
- Time intelligence functions.
- Build and interpret a dashboard.
Construct graphical indicators:
- gauge, speedometer, signal lights.
- Build a dashboard in an Excel sheet, protect the layout, anticipate data updates.
All registration cancellations made within five (5) working days of the date of the course are billable at 100%. Synesis reserves the right to cancel any public courses due to lack of sufficient participants.
1440, rue Ste-Catherine Ouest 10th Floor